“Good Food, Bad Service.”

No photo provided
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
North Pole, Alaska
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Food, Bad Service.”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

The food at Boston's is usually great, however, don't go to hungry... One time in particular we waited for over an hour for our food. Tends to be worth the wait, they have good pasta.

• Visited June 2013

Castle Rock, Colorado
“There wasn't even an effort...”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We arrived at 9:30 and the place closes at 11:00. It took a solid five minutes before someone came out from the kitchen to seat us. Three servers/hostesses walked by, so they knew we were there.

My seat had a puncture hole in it and the table had a sticky river that prompted me to use a napkin and the condensation from my water glass to try to clean it. I was interrupted from my cleaning duty when the server came to take our order. She saw me trying to clean the goo river from her table and got right down to business by asking, "are you guys ready to order?"

Awesome.

I was eyeing the wings and asked her, "do you recommend baked or fried?" to which she replied, "definitely baked, we typically overcook when we fry them and they dry out".

Awesome.

We received our food. My wife ordered a pasta dish with sausage, meatballs and pepperoni (sounded good...only it wasn't.) She ate maybe1/4 of the plate before she just couldn't take anymore. I had a bite and understood her pain.

My wings were undercooked (I guess they really wanted to ensure the wings were not dry). There are few things nastier than slimy wings and these things had the same texture as an oyster. I ate 6 of the 18 (I ordered 18 because I was really hungry - you usually have more tolerance for crappy food when you are really hungry, that is how bad these were). I ate six of the wings and had to stop. I wasn't full but I lost all desire to eat.

Upon discovering that less than half our meals were eaten, the server asked, "would you guys like boxes?"

I responded, "nah - you can dump it."

You would think that would prompt her to ask, "was everything okay?", but she continued to invest in the relationship and followed up with, "okay, I will grab your check"

I am a 20% tipper (even when the service is marginal), but this experience was so intolerable that I tipped 10% (10% more than I wanted to).

Like my headline says, there wasn't even an effort. If you are desperate after all the other restaurants close after 9:00, don't compound your hunger pangs by going to this place. Just go to a gas station mini-market and buy a Slim Jim and a chocolate milk...it will be just as gratifying but will save you an hour and $40.

Visited April 2013
Central, Indiana
“great food”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

great food, slow service
if you aren't in a hurry it's worth the wait.
We ate there 2 x's we liked it so well. The pizza was wonderful!

Visited March 2013