“YES YES YES for EXCELLENT service, a FRIENDLY staff and a great experience.”
Review of Pike's Landing

Pike's Landing
Ranked #11 of 242 Restaurants in Fairbanks
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Known for more than 40 years of Hospitality along the Chena River , we are glad to have you as our guest. So relax and enjoy our Alaskan Spirit !!!
Fairbanks, Alaska
“YES YES YES for EXCELLENT service, a FRIENDLY staff and a great experience.”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I've gone into Pikes often over the last 7 or so years and have never received bad service or a bad meal there. The FEW times that my meal has been a par below excellent the staff has gone above and beyond what should ever be expected to make sure it was right. Its a funny thing about restaurants..and people in general.. if you don't let them know that you are dissatisfied they can't fix it. I have never had a problem with getting my food OR drinks to my liking when I have let them know what I wanted... I normally just choose to sit at the bar since I go in there by myself and they are always buzzing with full tables so I get the chance to laugh and joke around with other customers and especially with the staff and I just have to tell you that the best....THE BEST bartenders I have encountered in my drinking and eating days have been at Pikes. They make you feel like you are an important part of their day and they make you WANT to come back. I just want to sum it up and say that all in all Pikes Landing is a GREAT place to go for a great dining and drinking experience. To come on here and say otherwise is a bit baffling. We all have our own definition of GREAT but lets keep it to whats real. You don't need to come on here and call people names and insult them. Its slander no matter what and its really not what TripAdvisor is about.is about.

Visited April 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
North Pole, Alaska
“Fridays at Pikes”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Just returned home from a wonderful evening at Pikes Landing. Had some wonderful fried chicken that you just might slap your momma for! Sooooooooo good! Tami K ( best bartender EVER!! ) served up food, drinks and smiles all night long. We are getting excited about the upcoming summer nights on the deck and whacking some golf balls over the river to the LOVE ALASKA sign!! And hey!! ... there will be baby DUCKS in the lobby across at the hotel soon! You just can't beat an evening at Pikes!!

• Visited April 2013
Wasilla
“Disappointed beyond words.”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Nothing would give you the impression a dining experience could fail so horribly - but it did.
Service was slow and unpredictable to the degree that no second drink was even considered because none was offered. It took forever for the meal to come.
The lobster bisque was wonderful tasting, but had a 'skim layer' on it from being cooling before being delivered. I had waited so long that I ate it lukewarm rather than wait for a fresh one.
The steamed clams had a wonderful broth but were also a bit below serving temp. And a few of them weren't even opened - suggesting they might be a touch undercooked.
The attendant struggled a bit with almost everything. She made a fair effort but, for example, didn't know how to run the ticket to a room-charge and had to get help. Fine if she was brand-new but she'd been there for three weeks. When I queried her she said the kitchen was normally staffed with four cooks 'but three had gone home' and only one was there. Huh?
My wife went back for lunch the next day and ordered a hamburger. She said it was one of the worst she had ever been served.
I doubt that we'll try them again.

Visited April 2013
3 Thank AKFiretuck
Fairbanks, Alaska
“Reliably mediocre food but friendly and comfortable.”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

You can always count on Pikes for mediocre food. For Fairbanks, that is a positive. It's pretty ordinary. But, they try which is unusual. They make things look nice and the bar is welcoming and friendly. Beautiful location.

Visited November 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful evening out”
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Nice changes at Pikes. Beautiful fireplace in the dining room. Steaks were cooked to perfection. Nice variety to chose from on the menu. Very attentive server. It was nice to see Chef Brooks check personally on the guest, it makes you feel so welcomed. Pikes is known for their Sunday brunch, but if you haven't gone there for dinner, you should give it a try.