“Great Pub-Style Food”

Oasis Restaurant and Lounge
Ranked #33 of 253 Restaurants in Fairbanks
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Good local eatery with tv's, full bar and game room. Enjoyed the halibut sandwich and beer. Pretty good service although it is nondescript outside. Serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Adequate parking. Some local color that hangs at the bar. Food is good and inexpensive for the area.
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Reviews for the Oasis were either great or terrible, so naturally my wife and I had to see for ourselves. We happened to drive by it as we were exploring the city and were underwhelmed by its appearance. It appears to be situated in a former Dairy Queen and seems somewhat rundown from the outside. Inside it was somewhat dark and rundown, but we were committed to giving it a try. We ordered a half fish and chips and a Philly cheese steak (which was touted in reviews of the place). The fish and chips were excellent and the Philly was very good though not as good as Geno's or Pat's in Philadelphia - but not many are.
Service was decent and prices were reasonable by Fairbanks standards. We both agree that the reviews praising the place were much closer to our feelings about it. It is definitely worth trying.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

In the past 5 months, I have eaten at the O 4 times. Of the 2 times I went for bfast, raw egg poured out of my omlette both times. Tonight, halfway thru my chicken strip, I realized it was raw. Not just a little undercooked, but totally raw. Apparently the professional chef Curt bragged about cant set a timer. So go ahead & eat here- there's only a 75% chance you'll get food poisoning.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

First place my friends took me to when I arrived in Fairbanks. The Halibut sandwich was awesome! Fast service, friendly people. Couldn't ask for more.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

This is our weekend restaurant when we go to Fairbanks on the weekend. The food and beverages are Great. I occasionally have a bloody Mary or bloody Maria they make them Great. The Omelets are Great as well as the eggs benedict, my favorites

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Full bodied Bloody Marys with all the trimmings. Good breakfast too! My hubby loved their Sandwiches. Nice homey atmosphere.