“Good Alaskan Fare in a Comfortable Rustic Environment”

The Alaska Salmon Bake
Ranked #22 of 246 Restaurants in Fairbanks
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The Salmon Bake serves all-you-can-eat traditional Alaskan food. The food is tasty and the salmon is grilled on a large, open BBQ pit. They also have a nice selection of wine and local microbrews. Its one of our favorite spots to take visitors in our home town because of its comfortable and uniquely Alaskan outdoor dining areas. (They also have indoor and tent dining, if the weather is not cooperating!)

There are newer reviews for The Alaska Salmon Bake

Reviewed May 26, 2014

We skipped the salads and went directly to the crab legs! As much as we wanted and SOME members of our party (who will remain nameless) went back 2-3 times! I also tried the salmon and the battered cod (to die for, so yummy!) and there was prime rib as well - all on a large outdoor grill. We bought a couple of bottles of wine (there were 4 of us) and sat in a tent and ate - skipping the Palace Theater show. Nice gift shop nearby. A bus picked us up at our hotel and delivered us back there 2 trouser sizes larger.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

I can't really say anything good about this place and I can't say anything bad about this place.. I'll just say "Eh".. I love a good buffet. I love a good all you can eat crab buffet as well and this place was not really what I expected. The crab legs are all you can eat but they dish it for you. I'm used to the ole style where you pile your plate and enjoy. NOT here. Then the selection of variety is NULL AND VOID. The salad bar was limited to pasta salad, some beans, and..... that's about it. However, the prime rib is really good and the Salmon....well I wasn't impressed by it but some people were. The price of the buffet was not worth the "average" food. But, I do enjoy the scenery, minus the bugs O_o

2  Thank Wells1010
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I was born in Fairbanks and have been going to the salmon bake since I was a kid.It is good and you get a ton of food.I always recommend Alaska Land and the salmon bake for visitors and locals.

2  Thank NateB4
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I am not a fish eater, and of course if you go to Alaska you will have many opportunities to eat salmon. This dinner was included in our Globus Tour. Enter, take a plate, and start loading up. You first go through the salad section, then to the main course. Each course is a different station, all outdoors. My fellow travelers enjoyed the fish. I tried the prime rib, but it was not my favorite. I ended up getting a hot dog. The most interesting station is the little shack that houses the desserts - mostly cake offerings. My only concern is that everything is outside and although I didn't notice as many bugs while traveling through the country, they do have some. They have a little gift shop there as well. I only wish that they would offer up chicken for those of us who are not fish or prime rib eaters. The hot dog was fine, but I usually don't order hot dogs when I go out to eat.