“Great Alaskan coffee house”

Alaska Coffee Roasting Co
Ranked #1 of 21 Coffee & Tea in Fairbanks
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Enjoyed the local flavor and it is always nice to go where the area folks go. The food was really good and the people were friendly. Don't go there if you are in a hurry, because it is not a fast food place. It is a hopping little place and you will have a wait if it is crowed. I even scored a empty coffee sack, I asked a server what they did with the empty sacks and they give them away on a first come first serve basis.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Where to begin? Started off loving ACRC, but the quality of the food and the service has steadily eroded over the last few years. One- I ALWAYS ask for a cloth to clean the tables as they are usually dirty. Two: The service is the worst anywhere! They have a system where the cashier is also gets your food out of the cases- It takes an inordinate amount of time to get food there. The line is long and one might be misled into thinking that the long line is indicative of excellent food and service. It's not. It's indicative of a poor delivery system. Three: The servers are general indifferent at best, rude at the worst! I went there one day and it was like a spaghetti Western: It was a standoff as to whether the cashier/server was going to break first and greet me with "Welcome to ACRC, how may I help you?" I broke and told him what I wanted. I used to go here every Saturday with a group of five (that's roughly $75 for our beverages/food/dessert). We no longer go there. When I get reports that the service has picked up, I'll try it again. But until then, I frequent other eateries. (You'll see that my last visit there was in the Spring of 2013- I really have stopped going there).

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We visited every day of our vacation as the food choices are slim pickings in Fairbanks. Everything we had was good. I'm less impressed by the whole bean coffee I brought home, but everything we got on location was good. My only complaint was that service was 50/50 and the 50% that were rude seemed to be because we were outsiders. I watched the one girl thank previous locals and wish them a good day and then completely ignore us and hand us our order without saying a word even though we were nothing but polite and thankful.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Always a great atmosphere. Always exceptional, roasted on location, delicious coffee. Always amazing food and most important, always a great friendly staff. This place has become my favorite location for business meetings and get togethers with friends.

Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Wanting a change from diner food or Denny's, I tried the Alaska Coffee Roasting Company. A fresh puff pastry with a savory filling of eggs , onion, peppers, and reindeer sausage, accompanied by the best (bucket sized) cup of coffee that I've had in years. I am looking forward to trying it for breakfast and lunch soon.
It will be a frequent morning stop!