“Great restaurant!”

Lemon Grass Thai Cuisine
Ranked #5 of 242 Restaurants in Fairbanks
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Our family has been dedicated to serving Fairbanks with fresh, healthy and authentic Thai cuisine since 1996.With our extensive menu we hope to offer something that will satisfy everyone's taste buds. Harmony is the guiding principle behind each dish so please be sure to tell us how spicy you like it. We pleased to serve you.We truly hope you enjoy your meal and have a memorable culinary experience in our place. We are grateful about any recommendations and sincere feed-back you share with us. For menu please visit our website.
San Francisco, California
“Great restaurant!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The restaurant had great service and it was a very good restaurant overall in the Fairbanks area for vegetarians.

Visited March 2013

Sydney, Australia
“Quick service and good Thai”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

nothing special about the location or interior, but the food is good, it's served promptly and the staff were friendly! We ate there twice - it was a popular hangout for the locals, so you know it's good! Go early or you may be waiting for a table

Visited February 2013
Canberra, Australia
“Great food and friendly staff!”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We loved this restaurant so we came back the same day! The food is really good and you can choose how hot you want it to be for every dish on the menu (as far as I could tell anyway). It's a great advantage as you can try dished you normally wouldn't cause they are too hot or too mild for your liking.

I had pad thai which was outstanding and my partner loved his curry. I also tried their cold iced tea which was really different to any other iced tea I'd had. I recommend you try it!

The setting is lovely too. The chairs and tables are quite simple but everything is spacious and comfortable and clean! The decor on the walls is thai musical instruments.

The service was great and all the waitresses were really friendly and nice. Some were Thai, some American.

Another thing I really liked about this restaurant is that it's not Americanised as most dinning places in the US. I've never been to Thailand so I can't say how authentic the food is but we're originally from Australia and it was more like a thai restaurant you'd find in Australia as far as the setting and food goes. They don't try to adjust to the American taste. This of course might be a disadvantage to those who like the American dining experience and if you do, go elsewhere because you probably won't enjoy it here.

I don't remember the price rang for the main meals but keep in mind that everything in Fairbanks (and I think Alaska in general) is more expensive. I thought that this restaurant was fairly priced.

• Visited September 2012
Rotherham, England
“Disappointed after so many good reviews”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

My wife and I ate here during our holiday of Alaska in Feb / March 2013.

We saw the generally very positive reviews on this site and were also recommended this place by a local so we were particularly disappointed when we didn't really like the food. We eat quite a bit of south east asian cuisine and maybe we are spoilt for good restaurants where we live (in Sheffield, England) but we both found the food to be very basic, not particularly fresh and also quite bland (exactly not what you would expect from a good Thai restaurant).

• Visited February 2013
Fairbanks, Alaska
“Excellent Food, Freshest Vegetables”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This is our favorite restaurant in Fairbanks. During the summer, they serve local grown vegetables to ensure freshness. Staff is friendly, helpful and service was fast (but not fast food). They have an extensive vegetarian menu and will work to accommodate special requests. Decor is simple Thai, not overdone. Like the rest of Alaska, expect prices to be high due to the higher cost of living (almost everything has to be flown in or grown in greenhouses). They have a good special lunch menu with slightly lower prices. Bring your own wine/beer (and opener) as they do not have a liquor license.

• Visited February 2013