“Very authentic ambience with great food and friendly service”

Thai House Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 255 Restaurants in Fairbanks
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Nice food. We went back the next day to have more of the same. Server actually remembered what we had the previous night. Amazing! Very genuine decorative material from Thailand, right down to the dishes. Very friendly staff.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

The Thai House restaurant in downtown Fairbanks looks like a fairly average Thai restaurant. The decor is OK but not great, the music is authentic, and the menu choices are fairly standard. Being vegetarian Thai restaurants are usually safe choices as we can get tofu substituted for the meat options. That was true here as well. While I will say the Pad Thai was quite good is is probably not the best I've ever had.

Overall we had a nice meal, the cost was reasonable, the atmosphere was acceptable, and all were happy. This is a good place to eat if you enjoy Thai food.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

When I asked for eating advice regarding Fairbanks and this place was tops on nearly everyone's list. Do not be fooled by the unassuming exterior as this place is a great choice. The authentic Thai food is some of the best that I have ever had. Another impressive thing about Thai house is that it is one of the cleanest places that I have ever seen. The servers were so sweet and helpful as well.

So give it a go!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

My husband and I were just visiting for the night and I found this place on Trip Advisor. We were not real hungry, so we just ordered one dish. OMG! It was so good, we both wished we had each ordered a plate. This place is the real deal. The waitresses are dressed in traditional Thai clothing, the place is decorated with a lot of Thai goods and even the music was traditional. We eat a lot of Thai and I have been to Thailand too. This was by far one of the best Thai meals I have had. I wished it was near my house.

One thing you should know. We called earlier and was told that the restaurant was open until 10pm, but when we arrived at 8:30, we were quickly told that they closed at 9:00. Several people came in after us, but they locked the door promptly at 9:00 and made us leave through the side door.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

After having a big disappointment in Skagway, this restaurant was a nice surprise for us. The place didn't not look so appealing from the outside but it's well decorated inside. The waitress were friendly and attentive.

The food was delicious, it was authentic Thai food. Everything were fresh and tasted great. We ordered couple of dish including Yam-Yai. The food were well balance of the taste, spicy enough but blend well sour from lemonade and sweet taste of seafood. The price were reasonable, It's ~ 10$ for entrees. We also tried their dessert and it was great.

If you want Thai food,I highly recommend Thai House Restaurant. Good food, good service, reasonable price and it is authentic Thai food !