“Small Town Restaurant withBig City Flavors.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Lavelle's Bistro

Lavelle's Bistro
Ranked #6 of 241 Restaurants in Fairbanks
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located on the ground floor of Mariott Springhill Suites, Lavelle’s is a unique fine dining restaurant in Fairbanks serving delicious food and an astounding selection of fine wine in a warm, refined atmosphere. In a place where casual restaurants dominate the culinary landscape, Lavelle’s offers a much-needed touch of elegance. Perfect for a romantic date or a fun night out with friends, Lavelle’s provides a sophisticated backdrop for any occasion.
Boise, Idaho
“Small Town Restaurant withBig City Flavors.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2014

My expectations were not high in the culinary department coming to Alaska. Once again I am pleasantly surprised. Nice wine selection. Speciality cocktails. The menu is fresh and interesting.
Even the Spinach Salad with Grilled Shrimp has a splash of flair with goat cheese, bacon and pine nuts. The cream brûlée with fresh berries was the perfect finish. Even the decaf..roasted in North Pole, Alaska hit the spot...flavorful and fresh.
I took a vegetarian pizza to go... just to make sure I would have good food as I travel tomorrow.

Frank E, Manager at Lavelle's Bistro, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Glad we could exceed your expectations for Alaskan food! A little wine, a tasty spinach salad, and a decadent dessert? Sounds like you had a wonderful evening. Hope that vegetarian pizza was delish! -Kathy, Owner

Fairbanks, Alaska
“Great Food -- Amazing Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2014

OK -- I had heard about this place ( I live in FAI) that it was (reviews were mixed) and expensive (that part is true) so finally decided to try it out.

It was expensive but the food was GREAT. The appetizer King Crab and Artichokes still lingers in my memory. We asked for our meat rare - both the fillet minion and my sister meat salad - came in as not cooked. No problemo fixed and gave us a discount :) Meat was excellent!!!

Green Beans sooo good. I hear the deserts change alot - the selection that night was not that interesting though we did have the banana bread pudding which was good.

Lavelles' if your listening your Caesar Salad was a tad bland and thick - maybe need to pump up the anchovies :)

Overall I loved it and enjoyed watching out the window at the old second avenue street - hardly as exciting as bygone days but my memories linger -- next time I will position myself so I can few the Mecca :) Loved old Second Avenue.

Frank E, Manager at Lavelle's Bistro, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Don't worry, Shelby -- we're definitely listening! I'll take your feedback about the Caesar salad back to our kitchen staff. Thanks for letting us know. As for the rest of your visit, I'm glad you stopped by and gave us a try for yourself. I appreciate your understanding when it came to the meat you ordered, and I'm glad we could get the issue resolved for you. Thanks for the kind words!

Hope to see you soon,
Crown Point
“Great food, Slow service on the patio”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2014

My wife and I are in Fairbanks for 4 months and decided to celebrate our 3 year anniversary with a highly rated restaurant in town. We were seated on the patio at 7:50pm and had our water from the busser a few minutes later. It wasn't until 8:10 that our server Maggie S. arrived at our table and we placed our order. Our drinks came within 5 min (the mystery red wine was a really good glass of wine) and my wife loved the Cucumber Kazi Martini. Our appetizer of the king crab and artichoke dip came about 15 min after we ordered around 8:25 and then soup and salad around 8:45. We did not receive our actual entrees until 9:10 (an hour after we placed the order. The full rack of ribs was very flavorful and tender and my wife had the potato crusted salmon which also had great flavor and was cooked well. Our server did check back with us about 15 min after bringing our food, but at 9:45 we passed on dessert because we had been sitting at the restaurant for 2 hours by this time and needed to get home.

I mentioned the times, because those were the only times we saw the server on the patio, but saw several other servers out a lot more frequently checking on their tables. It also wasn't until our drink glasses were empty did we have the opportunity to order a second round.

Overall I would recommend this restaurant for the food and drinks, but based on our experience I would suggest you have a little extra time because we went on a Thursday night and the restaurant wasn't full. For the price we paid, I felt the service was satisfactory.

Frank E, Manager at Lavelle's Bistro, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
This is not the type service we aim to provide, Joseph, and I'll speak to Maggie in order to figure out what happened -- this feedback about her is certainly not the norm. Waiting an hour for your entree is far too long. That said, I'm thrilled you enjoyed the food. Alaskan salmon is truly one of a kind. All in all, thank you for the feedback -- if you return again, I can assure you that we'll do better.

Take care,
Anchorage, alaska
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014

Just had probably one of the best dining experiences of my life. Food, atmosphere, service, everything was perfect.

I've lived in Alaska most of my life and this was probably the best halibut I've ever tasted.

Also, if you can, sit at the bar because the staff are amazing.

100% win. Not only would I eat there again, I would eat there again tomorrow if we weren't heading back out of town already. I'll definitely be going back next time I'm in town.

Frank E, Manager at Lavelle's Bistro, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
What a lovely review! I'm thrilled you had such a good time with us. Coming from a true Alaskan, it's wonderful to hear that we served you the best halibut you've ever had -- that compliment means more than I can express, and I'll surely be passing along your kind feedback to the entire team. Next time you're in town, we'll have a table ready for you.

Until next time.
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Hospitality Plus”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

My husband and I stumbled on this fine restaurant the first night we were in Fairbanks. It was late and they were closing but let us in anyhow. We returned the next day for a drink and also had dinner and drinks there tonight. The staff is particularly friendly, the ambiance is great, the wine and spirits selection is excellent. I had the potato encrusted salmon and it was very fine indeed. I highly recommend this restaurant.

1 Thank peterpan00
Frank E, Manager at Lavelle's Bistro, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Thanks for the kind words regarding both our food and service. I really appreciate you stopping back in after your first visit, and I'm glad our food and drinks impressed you. If you're ever in Fairbanks again, we'd love to have you back.

All the best,