“Romantic date for 2”
Review of Lavelle's Bistro

Lavelle's Bistro
Ranked #6 of 242 Restaurants in Fairbanks
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Located on the ground floor of Mariott Springhill Suites, Lavelle’s is a unique fine dining restaurant in Fairbanks serving delicious food and an astounding selection of fine wine in a warm, refined atmosphere. In a place where casual restaurants dominate the culinary landscape, Lavelle’s offers a much-needed touch of elegance. Perfect for a romantic date or a fun night out with friends, Lavelle’s provides a sophisticated backdrop for any occasion.
Miami Beach, Florida
“Romantic date for 2”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I took my girlfriend here for dinner on a mini Alaskan vacation. Fairbanks is an old, dirty gold-miner town. This place is like water in an oasis. Who would have thought such a stylish place existed in interior Alaska?! The service was great. My credit card declined (I forgot to tell the I was going through Canada, so they put a fraud hold on it) and the server just circled the decline instead of embarrassingly telling the word my card didn't go through. Would definitely eat here again!

• Visited August 2012
Frank E, Sara, Manager at Lavelle's Bistro, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thanks for reviewing us, Dominick! Friendly and accommodating service is one of our primary goals, so I was flattered to read about your experience. Do you recall the name of your server? I'd love the chance to pass along your compliments! We hope to welcome you back the next time your travels bring to Fairbanks, but until then, take care!

Best wishes,

Sara, Manager

“Exceptional food and service!”
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

We had a great dinner on Valentine's weekend. The salads and soups were delicious. Lavelles makes the best warm pear and blue cheese salad, the dressing is fabulous. Love their Ceasar salad as well. The King Crab was perfect along with scallops and steak. The creme brûlée was white Chocolate and raspberry, delicious. This is our favorite dining experience in Fairbanks. Waitstaff is friendly and great wine recommendations. We always pick Lavelles for special dinners and out of town guests!

FranklinFairbanks, Owner at Lavelle's Bistro, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
If there is one thing that makes this business worthwhile, it is being appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to write. We try to make every meal memorable, but when we get rave reviews like yours on one of the crazy days of the year (Valentines) I guess we're doing OK. Thanks again and please keep writing.
Guayaquil, Ecuador
“Good food”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I ate at Lavelle's 3 nights. Always good. Sat at the bar where service was good. The shrimp and spinach salad is not as good as it sounds on the menu. King crab legs good. Sesame crusted halibut superb. Lavelle's salad really good and a bargain at only $3.95 when you order an entree. Pricey, but everything is in Alaska.

Visited February 2013
Thanks for the great review! We enjoyed the opportunity to host you on more than one occasion, and are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed each visit. On a side note, I noticed that you didn't think the shrimp and spinach salad was all that satisfying. How do you think it could have been better? I promise to share your feedback with our kitchen. We hope to see you the next time you're in Fairbanks! Until then, take care.

Best wishes,

Wellington, New Zealand
“Disappointing”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Recommended to us as 'fine dining', we were disappointed with Lavelle's overcooked Alaskan Halibut, deep fried potato wedges (meant to be 'herb roasted potatoes'), and steamed vegetables (purportedly sauteed).

• Visited January 2013
FranklinFairbanks, Owner at Lavelle's Bistro, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
I'm diappointed that you were disappointed. Unfortunately sometimes things don't go perfectly but our staff is empowered to do everything they can to make it right. I certainly hope that you told the server that you were not happy and had them bring you a replacement. Unfortunately if we don't know what's wrong, it's hard to fix it.
Harrisonville, Missouri
“Delicious!”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

The food was delicious and the menu had a very wide variety of foods to select from. There were four of us in our party and everyone enjoyed the food. The service was top notch as well. I should mention though that it is not cheap. I was surprised at how expensive it was. Something to save for a really special night out.

• Visited January 2013
Frank E, Sara, Manager at Lavelle's Bistro, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Thanks for the five-star review, Peggy! I know it's been some time, but it's always nice to hear that a guest has had such a pleasant experience. What dishes did you get a chance to try? Any favorites? We appreciate your support, and hope to welcome you back again soon! We do try to give great value in our pricing but we do face the challenges of all Alaskans with high energy costs, shipping charges and overall cost of living. We're working on that too.

Take care,