“Decent Fish N Chips”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Lavelle's Bistro

Lavelle's Bistro
Ranked #6 of 241 Restaurants in Fairbanks
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located on the ground floor of Mariott Springhill Suites, Lavelle’s is a unique fine dining restaurant in Fairbanks serving delicious food and an astounding selection of fine wine in a warm, refined atmosphere. In a place where casual restaurants dominate the culinary landscape, Lavelle’s offers a much-needed touch of elegance. Perfect for a romantic date or a fun night out with friends, Lavelle’s provides a sophisticated backdrop for any occasion.
Portland, Oregon
“Decent Fish N Chips”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

Stayed at the Marriott that houses this restaurant. I went down and ordered the Fish N Chips as take out... I asked to be called at my room when the order was complete... I never received the call. When I finally went down... and $18.95 later, I had my fish n chips which tasted good but it was a little bit frustrating to not hear from them so they could have been picked up as SOON as they were ready. I'd possibly try them again another time however.

Visited September 2012

Fairbanks, Alaska
“Good food but high prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

This places serves a good food, wine, and has a great atmosphere but it cost a good penny. If you are looking for a good formal sit down restaurant with 5 star dining prices then this is the place for you. We will probably return once a year at most (on the wife's birthday) but a little to pricey for us on a regular basis.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank allg00dnamesaretaken
Fairbanks
“Food was terrible !”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

Food was TERRIBLE! needed sawzall for the ribs. Filet was burnt, Food was cold. Waiter was a nice guy.So many other nice resturants. Fine dinning at its WORST ! I heard it was sold, should have been closed. Price was a sin! STAY AWAY FOLKS STAY AWAY...........

• Visited September 2012
golfcook, Owner at Lavelle's Bistro, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
I don't know what fine dinning is but it seems you were not happy with your meal at Lavelle's. I certainly hope you told the nice waiter about any problems because they can address any issues that come up. We strive for perfection but alas we are only human and sometimes make mistakes or misunderstand client's wishes. I can only hope you try us again as the vast majority of folks appreciate what we do as you can see by the reviews!
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Very enjoyable restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

Pleasant ambience, efficient staff, great food and an extraordinary wine list. We had the meatloaf and the salmon, both very tasty and ample portions.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Rainbow19
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Great restaurant in Fairbanks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

As many of the reviews have stated, Lavelle's is unusual because it is like a restaurant in San Francisco or any big city in the US. There is no Alaska atmosphere except that the majority of patrons are local residents sharing a good meal. The food is perfectly prepared and the service is outstanding. My only negative was that the Salmon was frozen, not fresh. This was a surprise since Alaskan fresh Salmon is plentiful in August, and even available at my Honolulu Costco! To be fair, the salmon entree was still excellent. One tip, if you are a AAA member, show your card and get $10 off your bottle of wine.

Visited August 2012