“HELL NO DON'T GO !!!!!!!!”
Review of Lavelle's Bistro

Lavelle's Bistro
Ranked #6 of 246 Restaurants in Fairbanks
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Located on the ground floor of Mariott Springhill Suites, Lavelle’s is a unique fine dining restaurant in Fairbanks serving delicious food and an astounding selection of fine wine in a warm, refined atmosphere. In a place where casual restaurants dominate the culinary landscape, Lavelle’s offers a much-needed touch of elegance. Perfect for a romantic date or a fun night out with friends, Lavelle’s provides a sophisticated backdrop for any occasion.
Reviewed August 22, 2012

If people think that's fine dining then they have never been to real fine dining. I keep my reviews real and that place is over priced 10 times over. It seems for that price I could've bought my own restaurant, for god sake it was with in an not so nice hotel . The service was nothing to brag about, the long and short I was not impressed at all
save your money.

1  Thank nursenatie
FranklinFairbanks, Owner at Lavelle's Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

We understand that things like food and labor may be a bit less expensive in Maryland but we try hard to give good value here in the Northland. I certainly hope if your stay at the hotel was not satisfactory also that you let the management know. As owner of the restaurant we always put out comment cards so as to be informed on ways we can improve so we appreciate all constructive criticism.

There are newer reviews for Lavelle's Bistro

Reviewed August 18, 2012

We had our first dinner in Fairbanks at this place. Not a lot happening in Fairbanks, but it was a nice day so we opted to sit outside. Although this place seems to have a great wine list, we passed on drinking it. Other reviewers raved about the calamari and they were right- order it. Of course, we couldn't pass up the king crab legs- be warned- it is expensive and you do not get a lot, but it was really good. Two of us split the king crab legs with a salad as well and we were full. The others got filet and lamb, and they were satisfied with their choice. Given the few choices of nice places to eat, try Lavelle's.

1  Thank oojaded26
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Expensive restaurant, small portions. Great service, atmosphere not bad. I had seafood chowder, loaded with butter and wine sauce.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

The only restaurant we found in Fairbanks that had a decent wine list. The service was great and the food was above average. We had the fresh catch with appetizers

1  Thank andycrna
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Well gawlee! I'd a never thunk. A fine restaurant in the middle of all this fast food & Sysco supplied eat-for-fill environment. The line is still longest at McDondalds. The reviews are good, but so are some for Sourdough Sams. The place is hidden in a 1st street hotel, and I was immediatly put-off by the parking lot attendant who told me that only hotel guests could part in the lot surrounding the ground floor restaurant. "Park on the street." Thanks dude. Better to enter on 2nd street. Inside the place is modern; what no taxidermy or chain-saw statues? Exposed first rate stainless steel kitchen, long bar, polite hostess, informed waiter, super attentive service (enough with the water glass.). and the best prepared food since arriving in Alaska. She had salmon, I had lamb. Both were outstanding, even with our slightly off-menu requests, and excellent sides also slightly off-menu. The food came out quickly, in proper order, cool or hot as it should be, and we were heppy. It was like 30 bucks each, and we were out in an hour. Could have stayed, but we wanted to tool around downtown; that was a let down. So, Fairbanks really does have a good restaurant; could there be a couple more after all?
Now I'm not saying that it's the finest fine that ever was the finest. It's just really good in all catagorys, and seemingly in a vacumn.