“Okay food”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

I ate here while on a business trip. The food was okay, but very pricey. There was nothing that unique or anything that made me want to go back. Service was okay too. Basically nothing special and pricey.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We knew this would not be gourmet modern Italian food, but we were looking forward to more of a traditional family style Italian dinner. This just did not cut it.

The server was definitely a bit clueless. The mosquitoes were out (after being assured they werent's a problem that night), and figs were basically non-existant in the Pasta with Prosciutto and Figs. Some of our party did enjoy the ravioli and the gnocchi with vodka sauce, more than I enjoyed my meal, but it was more than the food. Weak service and something about the feel of the place just made a bad impression. I definitely wished we had gone back to Lemongrass or even to the Pump House for a second time, rather than go to Gambardella's.

1  Thank CincyWahoo
Reviewed August 5, 2013

but the service was awful. I mean, I know it's Fairbanks, where the jobs in summer are plentiful, but the service was probably the worst we've ever experienced in the US, including everywhere else we went in Fairbanks.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

My family and I visited this restaurant at lunchtime having just arrived in Fairbanks on a Princess Cruises land tour. We waited ages for the service, they were clearly under staffed but what galled me most was that the waiters/waitresses seemed to serve others who had been waiting much less time than we had - they had no clear process for prioritising customers. The spag bol for our kids was good I must say, but the salad served for my wife and I was average. The beer that they served me tasted average too (Alaskan Summer Ale on draft) and then I noted something in the bottom of my glass (didnt want to find out). Overall let down badly by poor service and my low tip reflected as such. I felt sorry for the staff as they were clearly stretched. If you dont mind waiting then maybe its fine... but for me if I ever come back to Fairbanks, then I will give this one a miss! You cant serve as slowly as this.. customers simply wont come back!

1  Thank Nick D
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I continued to be so surprised at the quality of restaurants we enjoyed in Fairbanks. This place was no exception. We each had wine and a delicious meal. Service was very good and the staff worked to accommodate the bright sun that was filtering in as we ate outside. Great fun and good food.