“the food was decent”

Gambardella's Pasta Bella
Ranked #74 of 241 Restaurants in Fairbanks
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pelham, New York
“the food was decent”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

but the service was awful. I mean, I know it's Fairbanks, where the jobs in summer are plentiful, but the service was probably the worst we've ever experienced in the US, including everywhere else we went in Fairbanks.

Visited July 2013

• Polish first
Houston, Texas, United States
“Disappointed!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

My family and I visited this restaurant at lunchtime having just arrived in Fairbanks on a Princess Cruises land tour. We waited ages for the service, they were clearly under staffed but what galled me most was that the waiters/waitresses seemed to serve others who had been waiting much less time than we had - they had no clear process for prioritising customers. The spag bol for our kids was good I must say, but the salad served for my wife and I was average. The beer that they served me tasted average too (Alaskan Summer Ale on draft) and then I noted something in the bottom of my glass (didnt want to find out). Overall let down badly by poor service and my low tip reflected as such. I felt sorry for the staff as they were clearly stretched. If you dont mind waiting then maybe its fine... but for me if I ever come back to Fairbanks, then I will give this one a miss! You cant serve as slowly as this.. customers simply wont come back!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Nick D
Sammamish, Washington, United States
“Excellent Italian fare”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

I continued to be so surprised at the quality of restaurants we enjoyed in Fairbanks. This place was no exception. We each had wine and a delicious meal. Service was very good and the staff worked to accommodate the bright sun that was filtering in as we ate outside. Great fun and good food.

Kailua, Hawaii
“Slow Service, but Food was Delicious!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

My husband, two teenagers, and I had dinner at Gambardella's Pasta Bella in June2013 in Fairbanks, AK. Our daughter was craving Italian food that night. So, it was just a matter of figuring out which Italian restaurant in Fairbanks to go to. We read reviews on line for a few restaurants and asked the front desk of our hotel. Several reviews stated that the service was slow at Gambardella's, but the food was good and the hotel front desk clerk stated that Gambardella's was considered the best Italian in Fairbanks.

Our waitress was very nice, but the food did take a long time. Our soups and salads were served in about 30 minutes and our entress were served in about 1 1/2 hours. Since we were anticipating this based on the reviews, we weren't too upset and the restaurant gave our teenagers free desserts to compensate us.

The food really was delicious. My husband ordered the Vanilla Halibut. My son ordered the Marsala Beef Medallions with macaroni and cheese. My daughter ordered the fettucine alfredo and carrot cake gelato. And I ordered the eggplant parmesan and sauteed spinach. So, if you want good Italina food in Fairbanks and you're prepared to have a leisurely dinner, I would highly recommend Gambardella's Pasta Bella.

Oceanside, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Gamberdellas has some wonderful items on the menu: Veggie sub, Italian cheese salad, Minestrone soup. The pizza is great. The service can be slow, so plan accordingly. The outdoor deck is beautiful in the summer.