“Excellent Italian fare”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I continued to be so surprised at the quality of restaurants we enjoyed in Fairbanks. This place was no exception. We each had wine and a delicious meal. Service was very good and the staff worked to accommodate the bright sun that was filtering in as we ate outside. Great fun and good food.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

My husband, two teenagers, and I had dinner at Gambardella's Pasta Bella in June2013 in Fairbanks, AK. Our daughter was craving Italian food that night. So, it was just a matter of figuring out which Italian restaurant in Fairbanks to go to. We read reviews on line for a few restaurants and asked the front desk of our hotel. Several reviews stated that the service was slow at Gambardella's, but the food was good and the hotel front desk clerk stated that Gambardella's was considered the best Italian in Fairbanks.

Our waitress was very nice, but the food did take a long time. Our soups and salads were served in about 30 minutes and our entress were served in about 1 1/2 hours. Since we were anticipating this based on the reviews, we weren't too upset and the restaurant gave our teenagers free desserts to compensate us.

The food really was delicious. My husband ordered the Vanilla Halibut. My son ordered the Marsala Beef Medallions with macaroni and cheese. My daughter ordered the fettucine alfredo and carrot cake gelato. And I ordered the eggplant parmesan and sauteed spinach. So, if you want good Italina food in Fairbanks and you're prepared to have a leisurely dinner, I would highly recommend Gambardella's Pasta Bella.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Gamberdellas has some wonderful items on the menu: Veggie sub, Italian cheese salad, Minestrone soup. The pizza is great. The service can be slow, so plan accordingly. The outdoor deck is beautiful in the summer.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

so I looked out the window of the Bridgewater and voila... there it was. I had pasta with clams and mussels with a spicy sauce and a nice salad. The waitress forgot the wine but I insisted and I'm glad that I did; the house chianti was quite nice.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

I gathered from other reviews, stick with pasta.
The place is called "Pasta Bella." And it did not disappoint.
It was slightly haphazardly run, but just slightly.
The excellent food, freshly made pastas (ravioli and gnocchi), made everything fine, though.
The gnocchi was fluffy - indicative of freshly made goodness. If not freshly made, the pastas were excellently sourced. The sauces were delicious as well.
The bread was good, and the soups were even better.

The waiter showed up often, which is a feat in Alaska.
We sat outside, upstairs, and got a lovely view of the river. Downstairs has a picket fence around it, so no views there.

Just a tad weaker than Lavelle's Bistro, since it wasn't as cut and dry, but it trumped the Pump House & Chena's Alaskan Grille in food quality.