“Great food and service”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 24, 2013

The restaurant was recommended by our hotel and within walking distance. It was March and very cold, and it was nice walking into a warm, inviting, and attractive restaurant. We were seated upstairs in a quiet location. The menu was varied, with a good selection of Italian dishes. We started with bread, minestrone, and salad; had the lasagna and sausage & peppers calzone as entrees; and finished with tiramisu. We also tried a glass of chianti and decaf coffee. We loved the entire meal. The bread was excellent, the soup homemade, and the salad greens very fresh. My husband orders lasagna wherever we travel and thought it was excellent. The calzone was tasty and so huge we took half of it back to the hotel. The dessert was also very good. We like strong coffee, and even their decaf was very good. Our waitress was friendly, attentive, and efficient. The only slip was a manager(?) seated at the bar who asked us, without much interest, if we enjoyed our dinner and then quickly went back to checking his phone. We would return to Gambardella's if we traveled to Fairbanks again.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I asked around for restaurants in downtown Fairbanks. I decided on Gambardella's as a suitable cuisine. It has a friendly, warm atmosphere when you enter the place. I was escorted quickly to my table and perused the menu. It was great. So I did the chicken cannelloni. I asked for the marinara sauce and was not disappointed. Great salad and bread too.

My doubts were from the unclean floors. You could see cigarette butts and other junk on the floor near the table and that only makes me wonder. Oh, well, it was good food.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

The food is amazing and it is one of those quaint little establishments you see in the movies. The staff is awesome and they also do delivery. If you want to stay at home to eat.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We walked to this restaurant as suggested by the staff at our hotel. We sat in the attractive bar at a high-top table. We were eating light, so we ordered appetizers. Very nice wait staff. Pleasant surroundings. Nice wine list. No outdoor seating.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

The place was crowded when we arrived, and by the time we finished, I couldn't understand why.

Staff is snooty and frankly look like they'd rather be anywhere but at the restaurant.
Food is overpriced, bland at best. But I guess with such limited competition, they can do whatever they want and people will still show up.

1  Thank wtfresca