“Tastiest Italian food!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Gambardella's Pasta Bella
Ranked #78 of 241 Restaurants in Fairbanks
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Manchester
“Tastiest Italian food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

We visited this restaurant as we passed through Fairbanks on our recent Alaska tour. The food was very tasty, some of the nicest italian food I have eaten. I had the stuffed flank of beef which came with pea risotto. Both were delicious, couldnt fault the food. We then tried the 'best in the world' tiramisu and i have to admit is was very nice.
We didnt have to book, we walked in, is a big spacious restaurant which was busy. Majority of the waiting staff seemed pleasant enough, were a few with sour looks on their faces but fortunately they only topped up our water and didnt fully serve us.
Would definately visit this place again if i went back to fairbanks. Pricewise, it was no more expensive than other places that we ate across Alaska. Higher prices up there due to the supply issues.

• 4 of 5 bubbles

• Polish first
Washington, DC
“Tasty food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

We enjoyed our meal at Gambardella's. The service was a bit slow especially when we first got there. And the bread was just plain bread (our expectations were high from their description). But my meal (a seafood with creamy marsala sauce) was delicious as were the interesting sliders. My fiance's meatloaf was pretty good, but I probably wouldn't order it again. It was also pricey (though this is Alaska so everything is). I'd return.

Visited August 2012
Weatherford, Texas
“So Good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

When I am traveling, I like when I go to a restaurant that full of locals. Well, Gambardella's was just that. We went without reservation, which was just fine. We were welcomed in and introduced to our Bulgarian waiter. He was very attentive and explained some of the special items on the menu. We were looking at a wine list and he asked if we would like to make our food selection first and then pick our wine, which we did. I ordered the Eggplant Parmesan it was excellent and my wife ordered Lasagna which was equally as good. The table next to us..which engaged us in conversation, had ordered Capellini with Clams and Mussels and Stuffed Flank Steak, they gave excellent reviews. Overall we had an excellent dining experience. Food, Service and value all were wonderful.

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

The food was overpriced and average. We had spaghetti and ONE meatball! My gosh, pasta is such a cheap thing to make! Anyway, the restaurant was nice and the service good. We were on vacation, but if we were local, it would not be on our list of favorite places.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Marilyn540
Canberra, Australia
“Pleasant atmosphere and nice enough food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

We found the service attentive and friendly and the atmosphere pleasant with relaxing background music. We had a very small serve of meatballs as an appetizer and we enjoyed that. I also enjoyed my stuffed "flank" of beef which came with a pea and mushroom risotto which was a little overcooked but tasty enough. My husband found his seafood lasagne "rather bland". The accompanying salad was just ok with a dressing that tasted like it came from a supermarket shelf. We expected more really as once we included drinks, it was quite an expensive night in comparison to other dinners we've had out in Alaska recently. We asked to see the dessert menu but instead were brought a tray of pre-prepared slices of various options - cakes, cheesecake etc. which was covered in plastic wrap...it didn't look very professional or appealing so we decided to just get the bill. So in short the food was rather disappointing but we found the staff cheerful and the surroundings etc. reminded us of our travels in Europe; so a pleasant enough night but not memorable.

1 Thank NotMolly