“Authentic!”

Cuisines: Korean
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 7, 2013

This is one of my favorites in Fairbanks. Authentic Korean meals and side dishes, all very tasty. Generous lunch and dinner portions, and carry-out available. Shares a doorway with a sushi restaurant, too. I've been a regular since arriving in Fairbanks in 2011.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I always have a funny story whenever I eat here. The food is always good, the service is hit or miss, but something always happens that causes a good laugh (during dinner or we look back on it and laugh).

1  Thank ey0001
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Place is over priced and the place is extremely dirty. I'm Korean and I guess I know my food pretty well. Food was OK at best. Asiana is way better.

2  Thank Ricky C
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We tried Seoul Gate Restaurant because we wanted to see whether there was decent Korean food in town (there seems to be a lot of Thai places). I read the reviews and thought that it sounded promising. Don't go there! The outside looks pretty bad but I think someone already mentioned that in a review. Inside, it looked good and after sitting down and looking at the menu, we decided to order two common dishes we've ordered in many Korean places: vegetarian Jab chae and Pork Bulgogi. When we were ready to order, a large group of Korean people arrived from a tour bus and the two servers, although they saw us making eye contact and wanting to give our order, ignored us to serve this large group. This went on for awhile - I actually thought about getting up and leaving because it was ridiculous but it was already 9pm, we had driven for awhile and were really tired and hungry. One woman brought us water and said hold on. After awhile, the younger woman finally said "oh have you ordered?" I'm not sure when we were supposed to have ordered because they both were rushing in and out to put food down for the large Korean group. So positive things are: (1) the 8 side dishes that they always bring out first were good and (2) the jab chae was tasty and good. Bad things: (1) I ordered vegetarian jab chae and it came out as beef jab chae so...well, obviously they don't care what the order was, and (2) the pork bulgogi was NOT the typical bulgogi you would get anywhere else. Instead of being thinly sliced pork, it was large chunks. You know if you go to a food court in a mall and there's always a japanese place and you can order chicken teriyaki? Well, this is what the pork bulgogi tasted like and looked like. Large chunks of meat that actually tasted like teriyaki!! It was not very good and I was pretty disappointed with the food. I usually try to give 3 stars or more unless I really don't like the place. I would have given this 1 star except that at least the jab chae was tasty (even though they put beef in it). I strongly recommend that for a safer bet, try one of the many Thai places that have good reviews on TripAdvisor - you will probably enjoy your food and the service a lot more.

1  Thank Jorlan
Reviewed April 5, 2012

food is really good, service is lacking very much.