“Best Korean in town”

Cuisines: Korean
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 3, 2011

This has become one of our favorite places to eat, particularly for lunch. The bulgogi is great. We have yet to have a bad meal there in the three months we have been going. An added bonus is that you can order from the sushi place next door.

It is kind of a hole in the wall and does not look the most appealing, but get past the looks and you will get a treat.

Reviewed November 28, 2011

They have great Korean food, it gets pricey real quick though. Good lunch prices, their bulgogi is the best, Ive had the spicy,BBQ, and chicken bulgogi they were all equally delicious. The service has it's ups and downs depending on the days but most days not the greatest.

Reviewed September 27, 2011

Actually their lunch Bulgogi was better than good - it was excellent (Bulgogi is one of my favorite international dishes). Lots of cooked marinated beef with vegetables, kimchi, and rice for $9.95 (apparently Alaska does not charge sales tax on food bills). Arriving at 11:00 AM, I was their first customer of the day and had the restaurant to myself; very good service and timely as well. As many other tripadvisor members have stated, the entrance to the restaurant is not impressive - don't let the outside of the building influence your decision to go downstairs to the Seoul Gate Restaurant. I would strongly recommend this restaurant to locals and visitors alike !!!!

Reviewed August 4, 2011

I love Korean food and so far this is the best one I have been to in all my travels.
I am amazed at the variety and quality of little dishes of pickled vegetables that come with the meals. We have dined at Seoul Gate three times in the last two years and have never been disappointed, If you love Korean food this is the place to go.

We also dined at the New Japanese resturant next door, operated by the same owners, because Seoul Gate closed early on Sunday. It was also outstanding.

Reviewed March 21, 2011

Restaurant is a hole in the wall in a basement, but food was great and very authentic. You get the typical multiple Korean side dishes in the beginning of your meal. Lots of variety and all very good and refreshing. For our meal we ordered the Korean pancake appetizer and tofu soup dishes. Everything came out nice and hot and had a very rich full flavor. Good comfort food for cold Alaskan days. The only disappointing thing is that they didn't have the usual Korean corn tea that day. They gave me green tea instead. FYI - they also have a Japanese restaurant right next door that just opened. We only peeked inside so can't review the food there but the atmosphere is a bit more hip if that's what you are looking for.