“Good food but pricey”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

The food and service was very good, but the only meals under $18 were calzones and pizza. One trip to the salad bar for one person was $6.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We have been at Geraldos several times and we've never been disappointed. My personal favorite is their escargot because the dipping sauce is so fabulous and their bread is fabulous! The salad bar is small, but we have always found it fresh. We've tried the veal, fish, steaks, and pasta and have always been pleased.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Geraldo's Pizza is fantastic. I have had pizza at various other places around Alaska, but I have not been able to find that authentic New York style pizza taste until now. Geraldo's pizza is the closest I have come to finding authentic east coast NY style pizza in Alaska. I have eaten at several pizza places in Fairbanks and this is by far the best pie I have had. It may not quite be up to NY standards, but it's as close as I have had here so far. Now, Geraldo's also has an extensive Italian menu as well, but I have not sampled there other entrees'. The menu has a wide variety of prices, from lower end to higher priced.They have a very upscale, homey and relaxing, ambience to their restaurant. The waitstaff are also very courteous and helpful. To a family meal or a romantic evening, Geraldo's is top notch!

1  Thank MedicG
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Hubby and I had been searching for a nice, truly non-smoking eatery with good food and a casual homey atmosphere. After being in the area for over three weeks, we finally found it! Lots of varied offerings, good service, decent salad bar, loved the make your own pizza! Lots of choices and very tasty. Nice and crisp crust, not mushy on the bottom.

We ordered the clams for a starter which were very good, however they could have offered more than one fairly small slice of garlic toast each to sop up all the extra sauce.

All in all we enjoyed the dining experience more than any other restaurant we have been to thus far. Definitely worth a try if you don't like to breath in bar-b-q smoke or cigarette smoke while dining.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

great food, pitchers of beer, reasonable prices. The service was great when we were there. I had the lasagna which was very good. If you are in the area don't miss it.