“Vacumed through our meal”

Geraldo's Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 242 Restaurants in Fairbanks
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
North Pole, Alaska
“Vacumed through our meal”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We were looking forward to a nice meal with good conversation. Instead we got our food and the hostess vacumed next to your table through our entire meal. Why did they even bother to give us a table if they were rushing to close early! We will not spend that kind of money again because if I want to listen to the vacume through dinner I will stay home! The waitress was very nice and had great customer service and that was the only saving grace for Geraldos because their hostess was dumb as a hammer!

• Visited January 2013

Cheyenne, Wyoming
“Pretty good, if you aren't in a hurry.”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Geraldo's is an Italian restaurant which, like a real restaurant in Italy, seems to expect you to linger for a while. Italy is proud of its slow food tradition, Americans are a bit more impatient. The food is very good, which makes up for the wait, unless you are on a tight schedule and have somewhere you need to be later.

I've been going here for years, although this was my first trip since the expansion. The sign out front used to say, "Say YES to garlic!" and they mean it. Every dinner dish I have ever tried there has a healthy dose of garlic in it, which works for me since I like garlic. Just make sure that everyone you intend to spend the rest of the evening with is also eating dinner with you and it won't be an issue.

The menu looks to be the same as before and i had the lasagna this time. It was very good. I have had their other pasta dishes in the past and they were good as well. I am also a fan of their chicken parmigiana. My husband had a different chicken dish on this outing and he really enjoyed it. The salad bar is not nearly as impressive as it used to be, but still a decent start to your dining experience.

One menu area that I did notice major recipe changes was the desserts. They were always good, but now they are fantastic. On a whim I ordered the tiramisu, which I was only so-so on before and it was wonderful. My husband ordered the cheesecake and I stole a couple of bites- quite possibly the best cheesecake in town! So decadent and creamy.

Over all, my tips to enjoy a trip here: make a reservation, expect to sit and chat for a while, and order a glass of wine to enjoy while you wait for your food. Do those things and it will make for an enjoyable evening.

• Visited October 2012
North Pole, Alaska
“Great Date”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Just returned home from a superb dinner with my spouseman! What a lovely evening in a Tuscan inspired restaurant with fabulous food. I LOVE the spaghetti and meatballs and my husband was encouraged to try the pizza by his co-workers so he did and was thrilled with the Frank Sinatra pie he ordered. He says it is the best pizza he has had in Fairbanks by FAR! Our server Sarah was great .. there when we needed her and scarce when we didn't. Just a great in restaurant experience from a place we've had 'take-out' from for years. We will come visit again soon!

• Visited September 2012
Vancouver, Canada
“Good little Italian”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

It was a very busy place. We waited for a long time for our table but it was worth the wait! Food was excellent. Highly recommend it!

Visited September 2012
Dallas, Texas
“Decent Pizza”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We ate at this restaurant since we were staying at Wedgewood Resort across the street. Service was good and the pizza was decent, not the best but okay. Appeared that a lot of the locals ate there.

Visited August 2012