“Good Curry- Fast”

Sweet Basil Thai Restaurant
Ranked #100 of 249 Restaurants in Fairbanks
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I've eaten here many times. Surprised it's not more popular, maybe because of the location on S. Cushman. The curries are good, their yellow is probably one of the better in town. Give it a shot, you'll be surprised.

2  Thank Mike J

Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Decent pork red curry and crispy spring rolls. Thai iced tea was just how I liked it, more tea than sweet and thick enough that it never got watered down even, when all the ice melted. Clean restaurant even though the outside is definitely nothing fancy. Attentive service :) I'd definitely eat here again - I saw pho on the menu that I'd love to try!

1  Thank pinkdolphi
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We went so often the owner knew what we wanted as soon as we walk in the door. I don't know what they sauce is they serve with the fried spring rolls but it is awesome.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I hate to say but the food here was awful - we had traditional Thai dishes from apps to dinner and the results were the same - noodles were horrible, rice was the worst ever and the chicken was made a long time ago and then reheated (very dry) - I would recommend going anywhere else - the service was also "not so much".

Reviewed September 9, 2013

This trip to Fairbanks we ate at three Thai restaurants for lunch and Sweet Basil was our least favorite. It is next to Prospector, so we gave it a try.

We had a pretty good Coconut soup, and a fair Chicken with Basil dish. The flavors of the food were subdued, short on fish sauce and other Thai flavors and spices. If you are new to Thai cuisine this place might be a good choice.

Of the three, this was the least expensive and a good value for lunch.