“Best Thai Restaurant in Fairbanks”

Sweet Basil Thai Restaurant
Ranked #107 of 255 Restaurants in Fairbanks
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed May 6, 2012

Fairbanks has great Thai Food, but Sweet Basil is the cream of the crop. Don't let the older building turn you off - the food is amazing! We have tried every Thai Restaurant in town and this has the best food of them all. I recommend the drunken noodle (with chicken) or beef panang currie.

1  Thank akchic

Reviewed March 24, 2012

Despite the older building, this cute little Thai place is a real gem. We were skeptical at first but after reading the reviews decided to try it. Great food and service! We will be back!

1  Thank scallywag_ak
Reviewed March 10, 2012

The building is old (it was a KFC many years ago) so the restaurant is limited with how it looks, ie pain. The food on the other hand is excellent. It was good before, now they have hired an extra cook who was the head chef at the Lemongrass for the last 6 yrs. It can only get better.

Reviewed February 14, 2012

Not too many places here in Fairbanks have curb appeal so try not to judge this place from its outward appearance. This is one of my favorite resturants here in town. You need to go to see what I'm saying.

Reviewed December 19, 2011

Everytime I eat at this place I leave wishing I could afford to eat there for every meal, every day. First time I ate there I had pad thai, which is always good for beginners. The drunken noodle is always good too. For an appetizer try the stuffed chicken wing. It is a fried chicken wing stuffed with noodles, sausage and lot of other delicious tidbits. I ate there two nights ago and had shrimp soup with mushrooms and thai peppers in it, I can't remember the name of it but it was fresh and amazing. I can't wait to go back.

1  Thank jloppnow138