“Great restaurant!”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed July 6, 2011

Just want to clarify that my dad actually owns this restaurant. His name is Peter or Xing as most people call him. And personally I think that most of you have met the waiter that stands at the front desk (the guy is Asian-looking and he is bald but he usually wears a hat).

1  Thank Jessica60826

Reviewed February 15, 2010

We lived in Fairbanks for three years from 2004 - 2007. Our family can not say enough about the good, affordable food at Bamboo Panda. Now that we are back in the lower 48, my teenage girls still lament the General Tso's Chicken, we can not find a comparable meal. Mind you, we know, fast food Chinese take-out is not "real" Chinese food, but we like it just fine. I also like the Shrimp with Broccoli and egg rolls but I can find that here in Rhode Island. When I return to Fairbanks this week for a visit, I have been requested to return home with orders of GTC! This should be interesting. Thanks!

2  Thank Conaky
Reviewed October 1, 2009

I love Bamboo Panda! I've never ordered something that wasn't delicious, and their delivery speeds cannot be beat! Be sure to try their Hot and Sour Soup, it's my favorite thing on the menu. My office orders from them at least a couple of times a month and we have never been let down!

Reviewed August 6, 2009

I like chinese food... I really do. I like delivery, I like a good fried rice, and I don't consider myself any sort of connoisseur. I eat Chinese buffet food too. Bamboo Panda is just disgusting.

I have tried to like it. In three years I have tried ordering a half-dozen times as well as picking on co-workers who didn't want to finish theirs. I have had food poisoning no less than three times and not once has it ever tasted like Chinese should. Heavy on (bad) sauces leaves the food more slimy than anything and while the pork fried rice is decent, its nothing special. Unfortunately the only good delivery place is near the university and not downtown.

Save your money, save your tummy... goto the Asian Bistro or even the Mayflower Buffet, do not order from Bamboo Panda or its identical-quality counterpart, the Panda Garden.

Reviewed August 5, 2009

Your standard take-out Chinese. Quick and tasty. Combination and individual entree portions are huge, so consider sharing before getting to carried away.