“Sophie Station is Tops in Our Book!”

Sophie Station Suites
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Fairbanks
Cantonment, FL
“Sophie Station is Tops in Our Book!”
Reviewed June 25, 2006

Very clean. Employees extremely friendly and helpful. Rooms spacious & well-furnished. Quiet. Breakfast food in restaurant very good. Well worth the price.

1 Thank trees6
, General Manager at Sophie Station Suites, responded to this review, July 5, 2006
Thank you for your kind words about the staff at Sophie Station Hotel. Truth be known, I like them too. We were all so delighted to read your generous comments about cleanliness of you room and Zach's restaurant, but I was most delighted to learn you enjoyed your stay with us. It is, simply put, important to us that you enjoy your 'home base', especially as you travel the vast state of Alaska.

Thank you again.

Cathy Schultz
GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed January 3, 2006

My wife and I came to Fairbanks, Alaska from Chattanooga, Tennessee to view and photo the northern lights. Were we in for a treat. We needed a home away from home, a place where we could come and go at any hour of the day, then return to our room, relax and warm up with a kitchen and couch. We did not keep normal hours as we would photo very late at night. We would leave the hotel at 10 pm and typically return at 3am with temps. about -15F. The room was always warm and comfortable.
The staff was very helpful and interested in our photo sessions, even at 3am. The room was clean and the housekeeping staff kept it that way for our 7 day trip. We would for sure go back and highly recommend Sophie Station to anyone that wants to have the comfort and convenience of home.

Eddie and Gail Keyser
Chattanooga, Tennessee
vekeyser@bellsouth.net

• Stayed December 2005
13 Thank volman
Reviewed September 14, 2005

Stayed at Sophie's Station while on business. The hotel and room was very clean and the staff was courtious and friendly. The room was very large with a TV in the living room and bedroom although with limited channel choices. I had lunch in the lounge one afternoon it it was excellant (Halibut Nuggets) and was told by a local couple that Zach's the in house resturant was one of the best kept secrets in Fairbanks as the food and service is wonderful although I did not have a chance to try it myself. The one issue I did have was the wirelees internet access, it was very unreliable and spotty. I actually had to go to the 3rd floor and sit in the lobby area to check my email. I would stay again for sure assuming they could put me in a room that had good internet access.

Stayed September 2005
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Wichta Ks
Reviewed September 1, 2005

My husband and I just got back from a 14 day Royal Carrib tour of Alaska. Our last night was at Sophie Station. The flowers when you enter this hotel, makes you think that great care with everthing inside. Ahhh not so. The front desk person was surly when asked why our tv didn't work. She snarled at us that the whole hotels service was out. How did we know that? After we that we decided to go to their restraunt to eat. Called ahead to make sure there was no problems and if we needed a reservation. They said no, and they could seat us right away. We got up there and they said 20 min wait. They didn't say there was a 20 min wait to sit down, then 20 min to get our drinks, then 20 min to get food, then 20 min to get our water glass filled up. After waiting the usual 20 min for our desert, our waitress came up and said they were out of what we ordered. The meal was a pricey end to our vacation.
The rooms were quite nice, and would probably be a great place to be for an extended stay. Very clean, and yes, there is a smoky smell on the mattress due to the fires. I almost liked it though. It was like having your own one bedroom apt.
I would stay there again, but not eat there.

• Stayed August 2005
10 Thank hotredjag
Reviewed August 8, 2005

Good Points: Clean, big bathroom, reasonable priced, good climate control system, good location.

Bad Points: None.

I would stay here again the next time I am in Fairbanks.

• Stayed August 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 13, 2005

We stayed at Sophie Station because there were limited other choices available. We were pleasantly surprised at the very courteous and helpful desk clerk. The room was fabulous. I was not expecting as suite (with a kitchenette) when I booked. The room was clean and quiet at night. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Fairbanks.

• Stayed July 2005
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Rockport, Maine USA
Reviewed September 14, 2004

This is a nice little hotel. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable, we had no problems with the shuttle service and the hotel did smell a bit smoky but so did nearly everything else in Alaska because of the forest fires occurring this year. The rooms are large suites and my only comlaint is that we had to walk through the bedroom to get to the bathroom, which in my opinion defeats the purpose of a suite, which is to sleep in when someone else wants to get up, or vice versa. The restaurant was decent but a little pricey and it has a somewhat limited menu.

1 Thank RockportME