“Excellent”

Sophie Station Suites
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Fairbanks
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Once again, we enjoyed a wonderful stay at Sophie Station in Fairbanks. Room is clean, stocked well with towels and toiletries. There is plenty of parking, location is great (two grocery stores are within walking distance). The restaurant does have limited hours, but the food is always great. Staff is friendly and welcoming, and check-in and check-out were quick and professional. We always stay here when we travel to Fairbanks, and will continue to do so.

Room Tip: Any of them are great, but the parking lot side has great sunsets.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 10, 2014

We stayed at Sophie Station for 5 nights in late May 2014. We were going to join a per-cruise tour & this was the hotel that RCCL used. We arrived 3 days ahead of our tour because we wanted to do things the cruise tour would not cover. The staff were very accommodating by making sure we didn't have to change rooms once we joined the tour. The hotel has a airport shuttle which really helps. They also have a bus, which is free, that goes around Fairbanks & drops off & picks up every hour. You can hop on the bus & go to the Pioneer Park, Downtown, the Car Museum & to Fred Myers. There is also a SafeWay within walking distance. The rooms are a bit dated but very clean & lots of room. We ate at both the restaurant & bar. Enjoyed both meals. If I'm ever lucky enough to make it back up to Fairbanks I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank RT89
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Despite the aging infrastructure, I used to stay here on a regular basis due to it's location- But the repeated staff indifference has made me look for another hotel. Despite having a reservation, I was promptly told no rooms were available when I attempted to check in. At no point was an apology made or any attempt made to help me find another hotel despite my desperate need for sleep. When I inquired if their shuttle was running, the desk clerk was quick to inform me it only was for airport trips.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank 907REVIEWS
Reviewed July 1, 2014

This hotel was a little dated, but that seems to be typical of the area. I don't mean that in a bad way because I love the quaint Alaskan towns. We had nothing to complain about. We had plenty of room. There was a window unit in the bedroom. The grounds were beautiful, the service was wonderful. It's just nothing fancy. We were not expecting that, so we were not disappointed. Reading other reviews I guess people were expecting something more up scale.... We were comfortable, the room was clean, and the staff was as nice as they come. And the bowl of taffy they keep for you at the front desk is AWESOME!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Sophie's Station warmly provided me just what was requested: a quiet room and I might
add a restful decor. The inside the hotel restaurant (with a variety of choices on the menu)
was much appreciated. They provided good parking and small gift displays for Alaskana
jewelry. Will stay here again for such great hospitality and the quietness!

Room Tip: ask for your preferences....I asked for the third floor and away from elevators.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 16, 2014

The room was hot, beds lumpy, pillows barely supported a feather. This Hotel is Not, I repeat... Not anything more than a Super 8 hotel. Maybe Fairbanks Alaska has a different standard for grading hotels than the rest of the United States, but they miss the mark in all areas. Glad we are staying only two nights, because I would be in the hospital with my back.
I would suggest that you seriously look around before you book a hotel in Fairbanks.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Eugene F
Reviewed June 15, 2014

This is a great hotel. We spent three days here as part of our land tour prior to our Royal Caribbean cruise from Seward to Vancouver. We rented a car for two days and visited all over Fairbanks. The Gold Dredge 8 was a riot, fun time. There is a Safeway just down the street saved us lots of money by eating in our room as you have a great facility for it. Full kitchen and lots of room. WiFi was great and staff was friendly.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family