“An amazing adventure!”

Sirius Sled Dogs & Aurora Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Friendly huskies year round! Join us this summer for our Summer Sled Dog Adventure June - October. Night time Aurora viewing September - April (we no longer offer night time dog sled rides). Day time dog sled rides November - March. Sirius Sled Dogs is located near the top of Murphy Dome about 25 miles northwest of Fairbanks.
Reviewed March 28, 2014

My boyfriend and I were lucky enough to participate in the Mary Shield overnight winter dog sled tour back in February, and we had an absolutely amazing experience. Nita, Josh, Garrett, Frank & the Dogs were kind hosts, great company, patient teachers, and accommodating through out the entire trip. The many highlights of the trip include the beautiful scenery out to & at Mary's cabin, the great company, driving the dog sled ourselves, a breathtaking Aurora, friendly dogs, delicious food, and staying warm the entire time (thanks to all of the gear provided prior to the trip)!! An additional bonus is that we got to enjoy a delicious home-cooked meal and listen to awesome stories from Mary Shields upon our return. Overall we cannot speak highly enough of this experience!! We are very grateful for the hospitality of Nita, Josh, Garrett, Frank, Mary & the Dogs--and for all of the work they put into making this such an enjoyable, unforgettable time.

1  Thank Theresa D

Reviewed March 16, 2014

My wife and our three children, ages 9, 11, 13 visited Nita, Josh and Garrett and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The dogs were sweet, the handlers were kind to both the dogs and us and Nita made us feel at home. The 2+ hour sled trip was awesome and each of us had the chance to "drive" the sleds. All around a great experience and well worth the trip and money.

1  Thank Dkabel
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Nita, Josh and Garrett have created an unsurpassable experience. We chose the midnight dog sledding with Aura viewing. While the lights did not dance for us, it was but a distant forethought. The real experience was their extended family: all 20 plus of them. We met the dogs, went on a midnight dog sledding run as snow fell upon the quiet forest floor. You really can't get much better than this!
We followed it up with an amazing home cooked meal and drinks. They shared their mushing and Alaska knowledge with us as well visiting with the dogs and sharing the dogs stories.

They have created such an inviting and unique experience that you won't want to leave :)

1  Thank Tracey W
Reviewed March 3, 2014

With the long list of great reviews already on this page it will be no surprise that this is another. If there was a 10 star rating I would give it. Nita and Josh do a fantastic job of making your time with them an experience to remember. We were lucky to go to their place the night we arrived in Fairbanks and that set the tone for our entire week. We fell in love with the place, the dogs, the people, and the lights. If you are considering at trip to see the lights, I suggest you make Sirius your first stop. I am confident you will be writing a similar review when you get home.
Thanks, Nita and Josh. You guys are the best!

1  Thank cec49
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I didn't know anything about mushing before I showed up at Nita's cabin, but Nita, Garett and Frank soon fixed that. Nita is one of those rare individuals who strives to keep her business small and personable. She treats her customers much like her own guests, serving us tea and cookies and making sure we were warm enough by providing us winter wear if we needed it. Garett and Frank were excellent as guides, and gave great pointers on how to steer the sleds and how to read the dogs. They have countless stories about mushing that entertained us all day long.

The dogs themselves were a joy to interact with. I’m glad they sometimes wander in and out of the cabin because they are so friendly and well-mannered that I couldn't stop petting them. We were taught how to put a harness on the dogs as well as hitch them to the sled. Later on, we were given the chance to steer the sled. It was thrilling! Seeing the dogs burst out the gates in excitement as they towed us along was an experience I won't soon forget.

1  Thank biaozeebub