“Pleasantly Surprised”

River's Edge Resort
Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Fairbanks
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

The AC works great, the beds are comfortable, the cabin was clean, had private patio, and it was lovely to walk along the river. We are more comfortable here than we were the night before at Princess Danali, and the Chena Restaurant has amazing food!

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the cottages which have the same footprint as a small to average size motel room. Everything was clean and the air conditioner worked. Their restaurant was amazing is probably the best thing of this motel. The wildfires were burning while we were there so we tried not to spend very much time outside.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Cute little cottages along the Chena River. Nice grounds--loved the hanging flower baskets. Clean and comfortable.
Glad for the air conditioning during what was unusually high heat--high 80s.
Last night of our Princess land tour, so more interested in comfort which River's Edge provided.
Calling the front desk from room was a joke! Each time I tried, I got a busy signal. Easier just to walk to desk.
Breakfast buffet was tasty. Enjoyed the dinner at Restaurant on the premises, salmon Caesar salad good but maybe a bit pricey.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

The rooms are not clean. I pulled down the bed sheets and found wadded up tissues. There were two beds in the room and both beds had used sheets. It was 1:00 in the morning and the desk clerk had no clue how to resolve the problem. By 2:30 am we were finally in a clean room.

Room Tip: Don't stay here,
1  Thank Barbara S
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by the quaint cottage on the Chena River that I rented for 5 days. The cottage was very clean and the grounds are well kept with beautiful hanging baskets. The location on the river with a small sliding glass door that opens to a private patio with chairs and table made for a wonderful location to read or have a glass of wine while watching the locals float down the river or buzz by on boats and jet skis. As expressed in other posts, the bathroom is small but I found it adequate. The decor is a cottage motif with flowers and decorative pillow which is not my style but suited the cottage atmosphere. The ceiling in the cottage is vaulted which gives a nice open feeling to the interior.

I found the free airport shuttle timely and the driver a delight to converse with. The two gentleman that checked me in were friendly and helpful. I did eat at Chena's Alaskan Grill which is on the property and found the food good as compared to other resturants I have tried in Fairbanks. I will review it seperate of this review also.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Our tour of Alaska started in Fairbanks at the River's Edge Resort.
The resort has cabins as well as a few hotel rooms. We were given one of the hotel rooms on the second floor (no elevator, only stairs). The room was very large and nicely decorated. The beds were comfortable, however the sheets did not seem to fit the bed correctly. There is a cozy sitting area on the second floor and a nice balcony that gives you a view of the river.
The breakfast buffet had a nice selection of items: eggs, sausage, potatoes, fruit, biscuits, etc.
Overall this was a very nice place to stay. Quiet, clean, helpful staff.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Although I travel a bit, I am never really comfortable staying in commercial lodging. I dislike other people's dirt.... (sigh). We stayed 2 nights in one of the riverfront cabins. It was absolutely spotless, as was the rest of the resort. My only complaint is with the staff. Everyone we came into contact with was unpleasant and scowling. Even the gentleman whom I believe to be the owner never made eye contact or acknowledged our 'good morning' salutation. We got lots of conflicting information - free shuttle/pay for a taxi, coffee available in the breakfast room/no coffee available, wifi in the room/no wifi in the room. The poor service, and disinterest in our comfort, really compromised our visit. I doubt if I would return to River's Edge Resort should I visit Fairbanks again.