I stayed at the SpringHill Suites for 2 nights on a business trip.
The room was a little pricy ($200/night) and outdated, but gigantic!
The hotel outside is nice looking and in good shape. It is conveniently located along the Waterfront, right in front of the Downtown Market (Mondays, 4-8 p.m. in June, July, August, September). There is a great walking/running/biking trail that runs eastward on the south side of the river.
The lobby and breakfast area at the front were very nice and large.
Two computers and a printer available to guests.
There is a small fitness room, larger pool and Jacuzzi on the 1st floor.
2 elevators (quite slow) serve 6 floors.
I was on the 5th floor and my room was totally non-smoking, clean, quite sound-proof and equipped with black out shades which was handy for the summertime.
The room decor is outdated - pale green theme.
- Alarm clock
- Small fridge
- Coffeemaker - no tea, only coffee
- Plastic utensils
- Working desk
- Free WiFi - moderate to strong signal
- Large flat screen TV
Room ventilation includes a fan, and a wall-controlled AC which regulates the temperature very efficiently.
Breakfast is complimentary and served from 6:30 - 9:30 a.m. on weekdays; 7:00 - 10:00 a.m. on weekends. There is a variety of hot and cold items including: oatmeal station, waffle maker, breads/muffins, eggs/potatoes/sausages, yogurts and fruit.
I liked this hotel, no major complaints, however prices were a little steep.
- Conveniently located
- Large rooms
- Staff are friendly
- Good breakfast given that it was complimentary
- For breakfast, swap out the Styrofoam plates and utensils (not ECO friendly) for non-dispensable ones.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come stay in downtown Fairbanks next to the Chena River. Featuring separate areas for sleeping, eating and working, SpringHill Suites provides guests with a microwave, mini-fridge, desk and pull-out sofa bed. Enjoy complimentary continental breakfast buffet and airport shuttle, as well as pool, whirlpool, exercise room and wireless. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Marriott so you can book your SpringHill Suites Fairbanks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Fairbanks Hotel Fairbanks
- Fairbanks Springhill Suites
- SpringHill Suites Fairbanks Alaska