The hotel is conveniently located in the center of Fairbanks with the visitor center (which has a nice little museum) and a number of restaurants within walking distance. The room was very large, with a microwave, large mini-refrigerator, sink, and pull-out sofa in addition to the queen size bed. I believe some other reviewers said they had difficulty sleeping during the summer when the sky did not get dark, but in my room, at least, there were heavy curtains that kept the room dark enough to sleep when I went to bed. A business center included a computer terminal for those of us who don't travel with a laptop. The buffet breakfast had a variety of hot and cold choices, the I think the eggs came from a mix, and the sweet rolls were the small, pre-packaged type. The best hot entree was the waffles, which you can make to order on their waffle maker.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come stay at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Fairbanks, an all-suite hotel in downtown Fairbanks, Alaska located next to the Chena River. Our accommodations feature separate areas for sleeping, eating and working, and they provide guests with a microwave, mini-fridge, desk and pull-out sofa bed. Enjoy complimentary continental breakfast buffet and airport shuttle, as well as pool, whirlpool, exercise room and wireless. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your SpringHill Suites by Marriott Fairbanks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Fairbanks Hotel Fairbanks
- Fairbanks Springhill Suites
- SpringHill Suites By Marriott Fairbanks Alaska