“Worth the drive!”
Review of Chatanika Lodge

Chatanika Lodge
Ranked #40 of 253 Restaurants in Fairbanks
Cuisines: American
Description: I am seeing some old reviews for this establishment, and the spelling on the old reviews is incorrect. The correct spelling is Chatanika, [not "Chatinika"]. I was wondering why nothing came up when I searched for ChatAnika, and then I realized why. I would like to post a positive review for the restaurant and the owners, but I think it would be helpful to have the correct spelling entered first so people who are searching for it can find it. Thank you.
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Plentiful food! Great clam chowder - top 3 of all time for me. Cheery service and a cute "greater-dog". "Alaskan" atmosphere bar, but very clean! Worth the drive, after stopping to photo the pipeline.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

I'm listing this as a resturant, but its also a bar, motel, and attraction. If the motel portion is anything like the food, then it would be a great place to stay. The food is inexpensive, plenty of it, and tastes great. Even though it is a 28 mile drive from Fairbanks on the Steese Highway to get there, it is well worth the trip.

1  Thank Duke N
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I stopped here near the end of my fourth trip to Fairbanks. Really was in the mood for breakfast and Russell cooked me an enormous pancake.

Most of the lights weren't on (they have really pretty holiday lights up all year round) but I asked both Russell and Ronnie (owner) about the lights and they turned them on for a little bit so I could get some photos (unfortunately my pictures are trapped in my flip phone, but I have posted photos here from prior visits).

This is always a fun stop; there is a lot of Alaska memorabilia on the walls and throughout the restaurant. I enjoy talking with local folks and saying hi to the dogs (Molly loves to lean against your legs, sit on your feet and then flop on the ground with that "my belly ain't gonna scratch itself" type of look).

I planned to stop here at the end of my stay on Cleary Summit when I knew I would be down over leaving, because the atmosphere here is always a pick-me-up.

Unfortunately the place is for sale; I only hope any new future owners will put their hearts into the place the way the current owners have done for so many years.

Definitely a great place to stop.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Went there on a a whim with some fellow aurora hunters, and initially, did feel like I belong there. But after a few minutes of bring there, the waitress/ bartender helped us out. Bought 3 meals, 3 sodas, and 2 drinks, and cost about $52. I recommend the dredge burger, it's a burger, with ham, bacon, and cheese. Wife had the cod dinner, with a side of onion rings. Cod was good but onion rings need some work. Atmosphere was very good, had a wii in there that had all the attention (wii bowling is what the people were playing btw). Had a good time and will be returning.

1  Thank Donald G
Reviewed December 29, 2013

My husband and I were travelling around Alaska for 10 days when we ran into a local who told us to drive 30 minutes for a sandwich and beer. With nothing better to do, we went to check it out. Next time we come to Fairbanks this will be the first stop. We had the best time chatting with the guys at the bar. We stayed for hours chatting and I can honestly say that the stop was one of the highlights of our trip. The food is great, the service is great and if you haven't been, I'd recommend the drive to anyone.