“Native Alaskan Cultures”

Fairbanks City Highlight Tour
Ranked #4 of 101 things to do in Fairbanks
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Your 1st stop for visitor information. Enjoy Alaska Native art, music, stories and dance. Free world-class exhibits that tell the story of life in Interior Alaska. Wave to family around the world on our Antler Arch webcam. Free films, WiFi, parking.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Best place I've found so far to learn some history of local peoples and their ways of life. The movies are free and cover wide range of Alaskan topics. Lots of free tourist information available and friendly staff.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,263)
All reviews
in 52 reviews
"northern lights"
in 52 reviews

Reviewed January 7, 2013

The visitor center is like a little museum with great props at a great price...free! We learned a lot about the area and were so glad something was open on the days around Christmas when much else was closed.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

My husband and I were pleasantly surprised by the visitor center. The museum exhibits were nice with good information. It’s a nice way to spend an in Fairbanks.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

On 8/7/2012 around 3pm, we arrived Fairbank and found out the hotel we booked and guaranteed through Priceline.com was not available! After contacting Priceline.com, they tried and told us there was no room available in the whole town! We rushed to the Visitors Center to see if can get any help! The center is beautiful and has many good exhibits. But I have no mood or time to see it. The two advisory (a young man and an old lady) were super friendly and supportive! They have a list of hotel/motel/B&B having room available for the day (everyday). After calling everyone on the list, even the young man helped to call a few places he knew. There was no room available! They then helped me to find more B&B not on their list, through phone book and flyers. I spent almost 4 hrs in their station, they were so patient and helpful. Finally, found one B&B about 30 miles from the town. The lady even gave me detailed instruction to how to get there. Our family are so grateful to these two advisers in the Visit Center. At meantime, my wife and kids spent good time to looking around inside of the exhibits! This visit center is one of the greatest I have ever visited!