“There's Better Sushi Places Out There”
Review of Ajimi

Ajimi
Ranked #27 of 242 Restaurants in Fairbanks
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Korean
Dining options: Reservations
Description: It's listed on Urbanspoon now, but they don't have a webpage.
“There's Better Sushi Places Out There”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Wasn't that bad, but after trying a couple other sushi places around here there is definitely better sushi out there! I don't know why everyone praised it so much!

Fairbanks, Alaska
“Superb”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Just the greeting walking in the front door is worth the visit! Fast service (don't sit in the back room in the corner though...), excellent wait staff, delicious "specials" - time and time again I have not left disappointed. We find any excuse when we're on this side of town to eat here (I live in Goldstream) otherwise we got to Hirashi.

Visited August 2012
Hinesville, Georgia
“Best sushi in Fairbanks!”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We love sushi and Ajimi is definitely the best sushi in town! The outside of the building doesn't look like much but the inside is nicely decorated and the employee always greet you at the door. It may be a bit more expensive then other sushi places around here but they give you more for your money and everything is always fresh! They always bring out hot towels and soup which is my favorite part. My husband and I have been here several times with big groups and without and we have never had a bad time. Also if you go on your birthday and they are told, they will start playing some 80's sounding hip hop and bring you out a dessert like you've never had before. They brought me out a big fruit tray including a wine glass filled with strawberries, a panda face carved from an orange and a little candle lit with some wax paper. It was awesome!

• Visited July 2012
Fairbanks, Alaska, United States
“Best Sushi and Asian food in town”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

My daughter and I went to every place in Fairbanks last winter when she was visiting to find the best sushi and this was it. I still go on my own occasionally. They are so friendly... the minute you walk through the door there is a hearty hello from the staff. She and I have made a quest of looking for the best sushi where ever we were traveling, and for Fairbanks, this is it. It compares with the best we could find in Seattle and San Francisco, and it's better than anything in New England.

• Visited July 2012
“Can't wait to go back!”
Reviewed May 16, 2012

The outside was a little iffy looking but that seems par for the course in this town. Once inside they seat you, hand you menus and ask what you'd like to drink. They came back with a plate of hot towels and bowls of soup and a couple of other goodies for us. The Sushi Rolls are the largest I have seen. Everything was super fresh and very tasty. I was super impressed all around. Try it out, you will NOT be dissapointed. Oh and a bonus, they have a military discount :)

• Visited May 2012

Been to Ajimi? Share your experiences!