“Excellent sushi fusion” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ajimi
Ranked #40 of 241 Restaurants in Fairbanks
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Korean
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Description: It's listed on Urbanspoon now, but they don't have a webpage.
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent sushi fusion”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

This is the type of sushi that will make you forget about the classic sushi you always experienced. It is a blend between the classic and sauces that make your meal memorable. It is not a good idea to miss this place.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Tok
“No grease”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

Ever have shrimp tempure on a piece of paper? And there is NO grease on the paper? That is how perfect it is here. Sushi and side dishes are great, also.

Visited April 2012
North Pole, Alaska, United States
“Best sushi in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2012

My husband and I LOVE their large selection of sushi. The staff is friendly and atmosphere is cozy and it's very clean. Renovation to ad more room was a great investment since so many love to go to lunch there. GREAT JOB !! We will definitely be back. Sushi guys ROCK !! Thanks for all the samples too.

Visited December 2011
Fairbanks, AK
“great sushi, great environment, great presentation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2012

Fairbanks has trouble when it comes to consistently good restaurants. but that isn't the case with ajimi. sushi is amazing. their fish is amazing. great place

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Alaska
“Out-of-the-way Japanese Place Shines Brightly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2011

Holy cow ! Great Japanese sushi comes to Fairbanks. I know we live at the end of the road, and I had no idea that sushi could become edible art until I ate at Ajimi. I also had no idea that sushi could be more than seaweed wrapped around rice and a couple of hunks of meat or veggie. These folks at Ajimi do so much with sushi that you will have to revise your whole vocabulary about sushi. Not only that, but when served on the plate it is nothing short of eye candy. Oh my gosh, the portions are huge and the flavors they combine will shock the pants off you (almost). Seriously, I was agape at the extensive menu and then was doubly shocked when I actually saw what I ordered. It was so lovely I wanted to take a picture of it before I dug in. This food is truly beautiful. I had no clue sushi could be so lovely.

And like excellent food, the service here is elegant, not the place, the service. I don't know how to describe it more accurately. I've eaten take out and sat to eat, and every time I have gloried in the mixture of flavors and textures. Plenty of Americans think sushi is just fish or it tastes fishy. It can be depending on what you order, and it doesn't have to be at all.

The menu is so extensive that even scardey cat eaters can find something here they will like. Writing this is making me want to go have some miso soup and then plunge into a new culinary delight.

Visited November 2011

Been to Ajimi? Share your experiences!