“Horrible Employees, horrible treatment.”
Review of Sicily's Pizza

Sicily's Pizza
Ranked #182 of 242 Restaurants in Fairbanks
Cuisines: Pizza
Boise, Idaho
“Horrible Employees, horrible treatment.”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We've ordered from here twice for online delivery. The first time we ordered, they brought it to our hotel room. It was two hours late. When we called to check up on it, the lady just kept insisting that it would 'be soon'. We were annoyed, but figured it was just a fluke.
We order again from a different hotel a couple months later. First off, all calls for all stores in Fairbanks, Anchorage and Eagle River are all directed and handled by on phone line, with the same lady. We told her we were staying in the Holiday Inn express. We order, we pay, we get off the phone and go back to watching our movie. Ten minutes later we recieve a phone call from the lady yelling at us for prank calling and that we're not in the hotel. She called them and they had no record of us staying with them. We insist that we are and that we can go down to the lobby and have the agent speak to her. She gets even angrier. Turns out she had put down Anchorage when we had said Fairbanks.
We get it resolved and once again go back to watching our movie. An hour later we call in to see where it is. She tells us it'll be soon. Repeat twice before it finally made it, well over two hours after ordering. We take the pizza and the delivery guy asks for our payment. We tell him we paid via credit card. He hangs out for a few more minutes trying to figure it out, telling us that he was told to get a cash payment. He finally leaves and we start eating.
We then get a call from the lady stating that her driver was down in the parking lot saying that we refused to pay. We go online, give her our online confirmation order and she very rudely says that we were right and hangs up.

I must say, though, that the pizzas we've got, on both occaisons, has been steller. The alfredo and salads are also very enjoyable. If it wasn't for the horrible employees, this would be my favorite pizza joint in town.

It's a little pricy and the portions are smaller than other pizza places. Spendy, but good.

We'll give it a while before we order from there again. Hopefully they'll hire someone functional and friendly, or, at the very least, professional.

• Visited April 2011

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Stuttgart, Germany
“Good pizza but terrible, terrible service”
Reviewed May 8, 2011

If my kids didn't like the pizza I would never ever order again. We have ordered multiple times and twice we have gotten wrong items and they do not want anything to do with fixing it. Last time it was wrong size pizzas. I was told that I was wrong so tough-I even went so far as to get out a measuring tape and checking it and they were clearly wrong. There solution-next time you call we will give you the same discount that we give everyone when you order on line...

• Visited April 2011
Fairbanks
“Rude rude employees!!!”
Reviewed December 30, 2010

I ordered a pizza at 10:30pm I never got it so i called them repeatedly finally got a hold of someone she told me it would be delivered to me with a discount it then became 1 am still no pizza i called again and i was so surprised how rude this employee was to me. She made it sound like it was my fault then she said I could reorder and it would be another half hour i told her i wanted the managers name she asked why, i said because i want the name she then hung up on me. I called again she hung up on me again! I called back this other lady answered and acted like she didn't know who I was talking too and then told me the manager is busy and they hung up on me again! We used to love their pizza but refuse to order from them again I have never been treated like this . It is because of this employee we will not order from them again!

Fairbanks, Alaska
“Don’t eat the buffet!”
Reviewed September 15, 2010

My wife and I decided to give this place a shoot as it was fairly new in town. We had the lunch buffet and boy was we sorry. The buffet consisted of the three extremely dried out pizzas of which one was a Hawaiian style pizza. The pizza has sour pineapple on it and was downright disgusting. My wife went and complained about the pineapple and soon that pizza disappeared. So next I tried the spaghetti and sauce along with some potato salad from the salad bar. The spaghetti sauce was runny and very sweet, very distasteful. The potato salad was okay but you could tell it was some generic style probably bought in bulk. My wife had the chicken which for some reason on leg already had salt on it. She said the chicken was very tasteless. The other items on the buffet table did not look very appetizing so I decided it was time to go. I don’t trust how and what is prepared there and if things may be going from a plate back onto the buffet table, although I can prove it (salt on the chicken).
My suggestion is just stay away from Sicily’s pizza at least in Fairbanks.

1 Thank alaskarat