The staff was very helpful, accommodating, and polite. We could not get a riverside room on the 3rd floor and ended up on the river side on the 1st floor. They accommodated an early arrival. They also pay for a cab to/from the airport and train station. This can save between $10-15 per trip.
The room was a good size. It was modern and clean. The bed was soft (not firm) and the pillows were small and cheap, but the bedding was decent. The bathroom was a good size.
The hotel offers a wake up call option for the Aurora, but they did not call us so I can't speak to reliability (the aurora may not have been visible during our stay).
Wifi is free and worked well.
Microwave, fridge, flat screen TV and table with chairs.
Temperature control was ok.
Acai Berry toiletries were good.
Our first night was a little noisy and we did not sleep well. The second night was better, but still only ok.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Alaska hotel offers friendly service and modern accommodations all within minutes of the airport and bustling downtown Fairbanks. Feel right at home at this recently opened Fairbanks, Alaska hotel with modern furnishings and generous amenities. The sizeable, tidy and smoke-free rooms at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Chena River Lodge offer high-speed Internet access, a refrigerator, a desk, cable satellite television and a coffeemaker. Each morning, hotel guests can get a start to their day with a complimentary full continental breakfast.This Fairbanks hotel's business center allows business travelers to stay productive. This Alaska lodge also offers meeting spaces accommodating up to 15 people. Unwind after a long day of sightseeing or out-of-town work in the fitness center at this Fairbanks hotel.Vacationers can enjoy convenient freeway access, allowing for quick and easy visits to nearby local attractions - such as the Museum of the North, Alaska at 40 below, the El Dorado Gold Mine and the Ice Museum - most of which are only five minutes away. Families vacationing at this Fairbanks, AK hotel will be delighted to spend the day taking a cruise on the Riverboat Discovery or playing at Pioneer Park, Alaska's largest amusement park. This Fairbanks, AK hotel is the closest hotel to the University of Alaska, Fairbanks, making this the perfect location for visiting parents, students and staff to stay. Guests can rest assured, as a hospital is only five minutes away. The Fairbanks International Airport is also only a couple miles away from this Alaska hotel.For an affordable stay at an exceptional hotel in Fairbanks, Alaska, reserve a stay online at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Chena River Lodge! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Best Western, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Best Western Plus Chena River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Chena River Hotel Fairbanks
- Best Western Plus Chena River Lodge Fairbanks, Alaska