All reviewsclose to the airportwafflesfred meyerthe breakfast areaconvenient locationwaffle makerbreakfast staffbeds were very comfortablechena riverfree breakfastfront desk clerkhot breakfastgreat place to stayclean hotelup to datestaff was very friendly and helpfulthird floor
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed at this hotel in August 2012. It was about a mile outside of the airport, so very convenient. The hotel itself is relatively new, built I believe two years ago. The rooms are standard rooms, with a coffee maker, microwave and refrigerator. They serve a hot breakfast every morning. Some of the items served were eggs, breakfast meat, toast, bagels, cereal and fruits. It's not a continental breakfast but can be a nice hearty breakfast. The hotel staff is very friendly, accommodating and provided a wealth of information to us regarding Fairbanks, especially about the Northern Lights (which we didn't see). Parking is free and there is adequate parking available. My only recommendation would be to request a low floor, especially if you are a smoker. There is a designated smoking area outside on the side of the hotel. I recommend this because the elevators are really slow. The hotel itself is only three floors, but it takes forever to go from the first floor to the third. I was able to walk up the stairs to the third floor and beat my family who caught the elevator.

This hotel was conveniently located near the attractions that we wanted to go to. Most of the attractions were about a 10 minute drive away. There is a Fred Meyers across the street from the hotel, easily walkable. Probably a 5-10 minute walk. We usually went to the deli and bought dinner from there since the hotel itself does not have a restaurant on the property.

If you do decide to stay at this hotel, it would be a good idea to have a car, since besides Fred Meyers, there really isn't much around the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We arrived about 1:30AM. Called hotel and acomplimentary cab was waiting for us in a few minutes. We checked in a nice room very comfortable. Great breakfast it included sausage links, scrambled eggs, waffles and much more.Good price also for Alaska.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Good rooms, new furnishings and comfortable beds. Across the street from Fred Meyer and about 10 minute walk from a nice restaurant called Sophie's, but not walking distance to much else of interest (at least in winter). Always nice to have breakfast included in a room price, and the buffet is pretty good: DIY waffles, and eggs, sausage, cereal, danishes, etc., but not much of the healthy variety. I've gone back more than once, for what that's worth.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I'm not sure how new this hotel is, but it looks as if it was just built, inside and out! It is so nice and clean and up to date. My husband and I stayed two nights so we got to enjoy the breakfast twice - the waffles are delicious! The bed was probably the most comfortable bed I've ever been in, the shower was nice and they even had fancy acai berry shampoo that smelled so good. There are quite a few TV channels, as well as a wide screen TV. It's always convenient to have a fridge and microwave too. The only thing missing is a pool, but honestly, I would have rather just stayed in the comfy bed than go swimming ;-) I highly recommend this hotel, I don't think I'd ever stay in another in Fairbanks now that I've stayed here!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 6, 2012

This was our second time staying at this hotel and it did not dissapoint. After a terrible night before, where Buckshoot Betty's in Beaver Creek gave away our reserved room and walking in on someone in a motel in Tok, we were looking forward to coming to this hotel. It is nice, quiet, clean and staff is polite and always ready to help...
The room was very spacious, so is the bathroom and they have the most awesome toiletries for you to use...
I should mention that Fred Meyer accross the road is a plus too...
We are not much of breakfast people, we opted to go to a coffee shack for a good latte and that is located right beside the hotel- another plus for coffee snobs like us...
All in all I would highly recommend this hotel and if I'm in Fairbanks again I'll be sure to book my accomodation at the BEst Western Chena River Lodge.

Thank you!

Room Tip: We stayed on the main floor and it was awesome- if you shopping like we did it's great you don't have to haul your bags up the stairs...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple