I was very happy with my experience here, overall. I was in a third floor room, so did not have any of the "feet above the head" experiences reported by others. The beds are very, very comfy pillow-top mattresses, the shower was spacious with wonderful, gushing water pressure, and the view of the woods behind the hotel was beautiful. Convenient to shopping and town. New construction and very clean. The free breakfast is superior to any I have found at any other hotel, with real scrambled eggs, sausage, and a waffle maker as well as the standard continental breakfast fare. It was -20F, and the heating worked fine. I found the staff to be friendly, gracious and knowledgeable of the area. Parking is ample, although it wouldn't hurt to add a few more electrical outlets to plug your car into. If you come back late after an excursion, it is hard to find an outlet. The value was a very pleasant surprise by Alaska standards. My biggest complaint is that as a smoker, this hotel does not offer ANY smoking rooms. It proved to be a VERY big burden to bundle up and trundle outside to stand in -20F weather to have a smoke. I probably would not stay here again simply due to this situation, which is a shame considering that virtually every other aspect of my experience was overwhelmingly poisitive. It wouldn't hurt anything to set aside at least 3 or 4 smoking rooms, particularly when you consider the climate smokers must contend with in Alaska. We ARE people too, you know! Would recommend this place to anybody who ISN'T a smoker.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Alaska hotel offers friendly service and modern accommodations all within minutes of the airport and bustling downtown Fairbanks. Feel right at home at this recently opened Fairbanks, Alaska hotel with modern furnishings and generous amenities. The sizeable, tidy and smoke-free rooms at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Chena River Lodge offer high-speed Internet access, a refrigerator, a desk, cable satellite television and a coffeemaker. Each morning, hotel guests can get a start to their day with a complimentary full continental breakfast.This Fairbanks hotel's business center allows business travelers to stay productive. This Alaska lodge also offers meeting spaces accommodating up to 15 people. Unwind after a long day of sightseeing or out-of-town work in the fitness center at this Fairbanks hotel.Vacationers can enjoy convenient freeway access, allowing for quick and easy visits to nearby local attractions - such as the Museum of the North, Alaska at 40 below, the El Dorado Gold Mine and the Ice Museum - most of which are only five minutes away. Families vacationing at this Fairbanks, AK hotel will be delighted to spend the day taking a cruise on the Riverboat Discovery or playing at Pioneer Park, Alaska's largest amusement park. This Fairbanks, AK hotel is the closest hotel to the University of Alaska, Fairbanks, making this the perfect location for visiting parents, students and staff to stay. Guests can rest assured, as a hospital is only five minutes away. The Fairbanks International Airport is also only a couple miles away from this Alaska hotel.For an affordable stay at an exceptional hotel in Fairbanks, Alaska, reserve a stay online at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Chena River Lodge! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Best Western, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Chena River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Chena River Hotel Fairbanks
- Best Western Plus Chena River Lodge Fairbanks, Alaska