“Very nice, well maintained, up to date Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn & Suites Fairbanks
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Fairbanks
Reviewed February 16, 2011

No surprises here good or bad. This was a very well cared for and up to date Hampton Inn. I would definitely stay here again and recommend to anyone traveling through the area.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Travelin_Man069
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Fairbanks

Reviewed February 5, 2011

This was a typical Hampton Inn, which I've always had a good experience with. The room are pretty big, new and clean. It was quiet even though we were close to a second floor balcony overlooking the lobby. Hampton Inn breakfast is always good - hot foods, pastries, breads, cereal, fruit, etc.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jennie0824
Reviewed January 25, 2011

I booked this hotel using Hilton points. When I first checked the rate it was $99/nt, then it was increased to $139/nt. I figured I might as well use points since that's what they are there for.

The hotel appears to be new. I found it to be clean, comfortable, and perfectly adequate in almost every way. It is certainly not a luxury hotel by any stretch of the imagination but that is not what Hampton Inn is meant to be so if you stay at a Hampton Inn you already know that. Details are as follows:

1. Friendly and helpful staff
2. Clean, nicely designed rooms and common areas
3. Decent complimentary breakfast
4. My friend said the Internet is a little bit slow but I wouldn't have noticed it till he mentioned it. Yes, it did seem a little slow but otherwise it worked OK.
5. Bed was comfortable

My only complaint is that the heat/AC was a little bit difficult to figure out. I had trouble keeping the room at a constant temperature. Of course, when it is -25 degrees that could be part of the problem. Also, the fan setting turns off when desired temperature is reached and the cessation of the white noise wakes me up so I didn't like that. I don't think it is possible to set the fan to run constantly, regardless of temperature setting. Personal gripe, but did require me to use earplugs.

24 hour McDonald's is adjacent to the hotel. Friend said hot tub was good but I didn't use it (but I trust his judgment). Every staff member I interacted with was friendly and helpful. Thumbs up on this property.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Texan1010
Reviewed December 5, 2010

Staying at this hotel was a great experience. We needed a night in Fairbanks after some time at Chena Hot Springs because we needed to get to the train station in Fairbanks early the next morning. It was a great choice, and we'd stay there instead of Chena Hot Springs and just make the day trip out to the hot springs because the Hampton Inn was so nice.

The room was plenty large, although I admit it was a little crowded with a writing table, a TV stand, a stand with a mini fridge and a microwave, and a coffee table-like table in there with the beds and a chair. It was clean and everything worked very well. We were very happy with the amenities in the room.

The staff was quite helpful. We returned our rental car to the airport and the staff was very helpful in picking us up in their free shuttle. The shuttle is pretty much scheduled on demand. They also took us to the train station in the morning. The driver was awesome — he had the car warmed up, got our bags from our room, and then hauled hem inside the train station for us.

We were also appreciative of the breakfast and were very happy with how it started at 6:00 a.m., even on a Sunday (some hotels start their breakfast later on the weekend, which isn't so helpful). The breakfast has quite a variety of options, and the only complaints were that there were no caffeine-free teas and that the fruit isn't fresh, but from a can.

We would highly recommend the hotel for anyone.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 4, 2010

This hotel is quite new and the fixtures and fittings are very well done. You are no real distance from the airport, or for that matter, the train station but it is on the main road through Fairbanks and every night, all night, the trucks run through. This is probably not a problem if you are at the back of the hotel, but we weren't! The rooms are very big and very well appointed with a small kitchenette and a super king size bed. The breakfast is very good and you can help yourself to anything you want which includes eggs, waffles, muffins, bacon etc. I would recommend it as a hotel but do ask for a rear room.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank Something-Different!
Reviewed December 2, 2010

Both my wife and I were extremely impressed with the overall quality, service and value during our one night stay at the Hampton Inn at Fairbanks. We've stayed at more pricey and hip hotels that didn't deliver in any of those areas so I feel really compeled to give this Hampton a five star rating.

Highlights: Pool, gym, continental breakfast, empty refrigerator, plug in outlets in the parking lot, lots of TV channels, FREE Internet (rare at Hilton hotels), a business center (great for printing your boarding pass), comfortable bed, and close proximity to Fred Meyer (to pick up that bottle of vino for a romantic evening).

Lowlights: We didn't have any bath towels in our room upon check in but that was quickly fixed by the friendly person at the front desk.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ikaikaokaaina
Reviewed November 21, 2010

OK, it is a Hampton Inn. It is not fair to compare thus hotel to "more local" options. With that said, the hotel is best in it's class. The rooms are spacious and very nicely decorated. Public areas are spotless and spacious. Breakfast is standard Hampton Inn fare.

We had our best nights sleep in AK at thus hotel. The service is Hilton quality.

The hotel is located in a "big box" retail area of Anchorage. It is too bad theta chose to locate here and not someplace like downtown.

This hotel will meet business are family needs easily.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple