“Business trip, good room, flaky internet, ok staff”

Hampton Inn & Suites Fairbanks
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Fairbanks
Reviewed March 31, 2014

The rooms were clean, location was handy and easy to get to and find. But the internet was flaky. If you were on it for more than an hour you'd have to re-log in. Oh and only one free connection per room???? So if you are a family that would be a bummer!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank RJFfromCO
casthompson, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fairbanks, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Thank you for the feedback about your stay with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites - Fairbanks, AK. While I am glad that you ejoyed most parts of your stay, I am sorry about the experience you had with our internet service. We have recently added a service in addition to the free-to-guest internet that is a pay service which offers a more robust connection. I have heard from a couple of people since we added this feature that our internet has been, as you put it, "flaky". We are doing everything we can to get to the bottom of this issue. There should have been no change to the internet service we were offering and I am trying to get answers as to why these issue are popping up. You should not have to log in every hour. Once every 24 hours (give or take) is the norm.
Thanks again for your feedback. I am working on the issue and will do everything in my power to make sure that this problem is solved as soon as possible.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Fairbanks

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Good hotel - the "free internet" advertisement regarding amenities is only for 1 day; anything else you pay an additional fee ($35 for the week). Good experience otherwise and would still recommend staying here. Central location to anything in Fairbanks and friendly staff

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Scott H
casthompson, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fairbanks, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Thank you for your feedback about your stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites - Fairbanks, AK. I see that you had an issue with your internet service. Our internet is free to our guests every day during a stay. There is a requirement that you log into the free-to-guest internet once every 24 hours (give or take). We recently added a pay-for-internet service that is $4.95 per day. This service offers a more robust upload speed. This service should have no effect on the free-to-guest service which remained the same as it has been for the past 4 years. I do appreciate your feedback and I have been in contact with our service provider to make sure that everything is working as it should since the new service was added. I am very sorry about any inconvenience you experienced while you were here at the hotel. Please know that I am doing everything that I can to make sure that the internet service we promise is the internet service we are delivering. Thanks again. I look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Fairbanks!

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Found the Hampton Inn and Suites Fairbanks to be clean and the staff friendly, I would certainly stay here again. Close to stores and easy access to the main road system. My room was on the side away from the road so it was quiet.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 25, 2014

The staff were very helpful. Starting with a great breakfast and key personel that added to the experience of our stay. it appeared that people liked what they were doing at your hotel. from a late afternoon cookie to the helpful directions not once was I dissapointed with how the hotels team assisted in every way. Thank you!

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Always good to find yourself in a place with real friendly staff, clean facilities, and comfortable rooms. I normally stay in Embassy Suites or Hilton Garden Inns but I was pleasantly accommodated for a girlfriends retreat at your Hampton and will definitely return!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We had a Great Time at this Hotel the staff were very friendly and helpful! The pool and spa were very clean and the rooms were also ...the housekeeping were all very friendly and funny....Made us feel like Family!!

Reviewed March 17, 2014

We have always liked the Hampton Inn in Fairbanks. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the staff friendly and helpful. We also enjoy the breakfast in the morning and the cookies in the afternoon, plus tea or coffee all day. I recommend this hotel to anyone on a trip to Fairbanks.