“Great location, value, hotel”

Hampton Inn & Suites Fairbanks
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Fairbanks
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Great location, value, hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

My husband and I were visiting Fairbanks with both sets of parents in hopes of seeing the Northern Lights. Unfortunately, Mother Nature did not cooperate that weekend : ( If we had to choose between a Ritz Carlton or the Hampton, we would definitely chose the Hampton. It is located off a main highway making it very easy to find and convenient to the airport (~25min away) and downtown Fairbanks. Having a 24 hr Walmart across the street was great for shopping for supplies like bottled water and snacks. There's also an Old Navy and Sports Authority in the same shopping center. The complimentary breakfast was impressive, much more than your standard continental breakfast of muffins and toast. Biscuits and gravy was served on our first morning and it was delicious. Coffee, tea, and hot chocolate are always available in the lobby, even after breakfast is over. Rooms are clean and spacious (for about $10 more, we opted for the King Suite, and well worth it for the added space). Staff was friendly and accommodating. Although I did not use either, the hotel gym and pool were both a good size.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Anchorage, Alaska
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

I checked in at 6:30pm after a long drive from Anchorage and the front desk lady was very rude. And when I gave her my rewards card she looked at me as if I was stupid. All night I was tossing and turning as noises came from all direction. I got about 4 hours of sleep total. Breakfast was as expected as I've stayed at their Anchorage location before. The housekeeper was very mean as well. She asked very rude if I wanted my room cleaned so I said no to keep her work minimal but was able to get more coffee, shampoo and conditioner. I'm not the type of person to speak out like this but I'm extremely frustrated and most likely not staying here again.

• Stayed February 2014
casthompson, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fairbanks, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. Thank you for letting me know about the problems you encountered. We value all of the feedback we get from our guests and use it to provide feedback and further training to our staff. It is our goal to have each and every guest leave our hotel having had a great experience and with a smile on their face. We strive for 100% satisfaction and I am sorry that we came up short on this occasion. I hope you will give us another chance to prove to you that this is the case next time you are in Fairbanks.
Delta Junction, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

Check in staff to breakfast staff are all great. I appreciate the friendliness and helpfulness. Thank you for accomodating my family. The room was clean, the breakfast was very good. The check in staff allowed me to stay a little late due to my late arrival. A wake up call was offered, without me asking! I have always enjoyed staying at the Hampton Inn and plan on more visits to come. Thank you!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

casthompson, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fairbanks, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Thank you so much for letting us know how much you enjoyed your stay. We love hearing the good news! We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Fairbanks.
Delta Junction, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

Very nice and comfortable place to stay. Next to a popular side of town for Fairbanks. You can access multiple stores and places to eat. This hotel is not within walking distance to the Airport or University. The complimentary breakfast was one of the best I have ever had at a US hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

My wife and I just finished a ten night stay and enjoyed every minute of it. Everyone of the staff like Casey (the GM) and Janice (Executive housekeeper), Janice at the breakfast area and everyone at the front desk did a wonderful job to take great care of us. The hotel is a great value because of the free breakfast, free parking (with plug ins for those cold Fairbanks nights), free in room Wi-Fi, coffee and hot chocolate all day, cookies in the afternoon, nice exercise room, and a modern, clean and comfortable room. Can not say anything negative about this place. Would recommend it to anyone, especially budget conscience travelers.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Orlando, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

Typical Hilton quality. Very clean and comfortable. No issues what-so-ever. Staf was very warm and friendly, rooms are well appointed and comfortable. Breakfast was good. Definetely would stay there again!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

A friend and I stayed two nights, Jan 31-Feb 1. Very nice hotel. Shuttle driver Casey, was very knowledgable about attractions in the area. He would greet guests in the morning during breakfast that he had spoken to prior about how their tour was. Other staff members were pleasant as well. Check in/out was a breeze. Complimentary breakfast was nice. Decent selection plus a waffle maker. The rooms are very well kept and the beds were nice. Plenty of towels and space in the bathroom. We had room 309, which faced the back of the hotel. We rented a car and there are enough electric hook ups for each parking spot. There is a McDonald's next door, easy to walk to, if you don't have a car. Just have to venture out in the brisk cold weather. Overall, a really good experience and highly recommended hotel.

Stayed February 2014