Hampton Inn & Suites Fairbanks
$88
$79
$139
$102
La Quinta Inn & Suites(Fairbanks)(Great Value!)
$99
$107
Best Western Plus Pioneer Park Inn(Fairbanks)(Great Value!)
$96
BestWestern.com
Wedgewood Resort(Fairbanks)(Great Value!)
$95
$92
Orbitz.com
Sophie Station Suites(Fairbanks)(Great Value!)
$105
$95
Sophie Station
Best Western Plus Chena River Lodge(Fairbanks)(Great Value!)
$97
$94
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfront deskking suitecomplimentary breakfastwafflespool and hot tubhot coffeebreakfast stafffitness centerthe breakfast areagreat place to staybusiness centerrooms are cleanfitness roomnorthern lightstrain stationconvenient locationeasy access
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I really can't say enough about this Hampton. We spent two nights here before moving to a B&B, and I wouldn't have minded our entire stay being here.

The beds are very comfortable, the breakfast is above average, and the staff is the best I have found in any hotel at any price. Madeline was outstanding! We arrived at the train depot at 8:30PM and called to ask if they could come and get us. Within 10 minutes or so, Madeline arrived and despite being -10, appeared genuinely enthused that we were there.

We spent more time speaking to the staff than other guests - was like staying with family.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Charles G
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I originally wanted to book a hotel in downtown Fairbanks but those were sold out. So, I chose the Hampton and was pleased. It is clean and comfortable and the staff is really helpful. If you do not rent a car, you can take a taxi service around town. For me, that was cheaper than renting a car and I also am not that comfortable driving on snow and ice. Also, I took tours so a car would have been a waste of money. I do wish there were more restaurants nearby. That was the drawback and quite frankly, a drawback of Fairbanks itself. But I didn't come here for the good, I came to see the Northern Lights.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank hellohowareyou
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We have used the Hampton Inn several times. We also recommend it to anyone we know going to Fairbanks. We have been happy each time. The staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and quiet. Our room was right next the the elevators and we were not bothered at all. We enjoy the breakfast in the pretty lobby area. It is a nice gathering place. Plus, the kids love the pool and hottub. Great for families and affordable.

Room Tip: Try to get one on the backside away from the road if you want it really quiet. And you may see a moose out your window.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Billie H
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Spent 5 amazing nights in this comfortable hotel. A good, well equipped exercise room. The staff was among the best we have ever encountered in our considerable world travels. Reception staff Tracee, Brittanee, and especially Madeline were helpful in giving directions and suggestions for activities. Madeline learned we had just celebrated our 20th anniversary and she gave us roses, chocolates, and a lovely card of congratulations the following day. She was really special. General Manager Casey was also a star as was head of housekeeping Janice. This hotel is conveniently located not far from the airport and has a shuttle service to/from the airport. Strongly suggest rental of an all wheel drive car at the airport for your winter holiday as cabs and middleman transportation providers are quite expensive. The hotel has short drive time access to northern lights viewing areas, dog mushing schools, Chena Hot Springs (about 90 minutes away), North Pole, and other attractions.

Room Tip: North side rooms will give you a good look at northern lights on some nights. If the lights come out the reception desk will call your room if you wish them to do so.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank boomer165
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I felt that the price per night was rather high for early March in Fairbanks, AK but the place did seem to be full so perhaps there was enough happening in town that they didn't need to lower their prices.

The pool is very nice. The rooms we had was very large and clean.

The folks above us had a toddler than ran and ran and ran for hours. I finally called the front desk (twice) and second time seemed to take care of it (11pm). Early next morning that kid was up and running again though. So I would recommend a top floor room.

Breakfast was crowded. The food was just OK. It is typical pre-cooked hotel breakfast fare but for the high price of the room, it could have been a bit better. They ran out of things and were a little slow bringing out refills. Some items they ran out of completely at 8am and still had 2 more hours of breakfast to go. That seemed odd.

Overall I would stay at this hotel again, but I would insist on a top floor room and would hope for a cheaper rate.

Room Tip: Top floor only!!! Too much noise from floor above otherwise.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family