“Great room, great location, great hotel.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Fairbanks
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Fairbanks
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I arrived at the hotel at 23:40 approx. on Saturday. I checked in and was given the key to my room, I asked which direction the room was facing and was told it was facing the road side. I asked if I could have a room facing north and they said that should not be a problem. They changed it straight away. I had a problem with the phone not calling out to local numbers so somebody came up to try it, they could not get the phone to work either so they let me use their personal one, which was very nice. Hotel was secured with key cards on every door except the front door which was always manned. I did not use the food at hotel as I only slept 4 hours each day so I could fit in the Aurora trips I had planned. The bed was the best I've slept in from any hotel experience I have ever had. As some other's have mentioned the furnishings are a little dated, but I use the hotel as a hub/base to do photography from it does not need to be high fashion and in reality it would look out of place in Fairbanks I think.

Hotel location can been seen clearly on both google and bing maps which I encourage you to look at if you visit this hotel as you can see how brilliant the location is. Right near Walmart which has everything you could every want, a great book shop called barnes and noble and a hunting/sporting supplies shop for outdoor kit. Also very close to the roads leading north for great aurora photo shoots.

I will always keep returning to this hotel every time I go to fairbanks for aurora photography as it offers everything I want from a base of operations for photography.

Room Tip: I stayed on the north side facing away from the main road and I did not hear the traffic once.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank GrahamStarr

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Good and friendly service, free picking up service from the airport which is very important for non drivers. Nice location for activity company picking us up although its not in city center. Walmart, McDonald's are near by, walking distance in winter. Nice, big and clean room but a bit old fashion. Hot breakfast is another adding point!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Hotel room, fitness centre, and pool area were fine, but a big disappointment was that they use all plastic plates, bowls, and cutlery at breakfast-- a huge environmental waste day after day-- though they seem to have some kitchen facilities since there were hot items in the breakfast buffet (though the scrambled eggs seemed to be from a powder mix). Also, though I followed the 'hang your towel up if you want to re-use it' system, all my towels were still replaced. There was no recycling box in the rooms, or anywhere in the hotel. I think the hotel should get with the program and recognize that people actually care about the environment nowadays. For one, I wouldn't book with this chain ever again after seeing they don't have any green practices in place (and that the token towel replacement card is just that- token). Also, there is no restaurant in the hotel, and it's a bit isolated from any good restaurants, so that was rather inconvenient, though there were small fridges in the rooms.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank greentravellercanada
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I mucked up my advance booking by making it for the day before our arrival, this was no problem with the desk staff. They soon had us sorted into a room with no extra cost or hassle. Enjoyed the location and room was well set up. Breakfast was fairly good.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I stayed at a Hampton Inn in Cali, and I was impressed. I again used one on a trip to Fairbanks, and I was again impressed. Great staff, wonderful rooms and breakfast what more can a person ask for in a hotel room. The pool is a hit with the kids. We will be back to stay at Hamptons Inns

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 19, 2012

This is the northern most Hampton Inn in America. They have a coffee cup that says that. The rooms were nice enough - basic Hampton. The breakfast was "ok" - about typical for a Hampton. It's easy to get to off the highway. There's a shopping center across the street with a Walmart and several other big box stores. The staff were helpful. The hotel was clean.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank sbccc
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Fairbanks, Alaska November 2012.
Room was excellent, staff was very friendly and common areas were very clean.
I recommend staying here when you are in Fairbanks.
Only 6 minutes from the airport and they have a shuttle service.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business