“Another nice visit.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Fairbanks
Arizona
“Another nice visit.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

Enjoyed two stays at the Hampton in 2011, so decided to stay again this year on my last night in Fairbanks. As it had been a full week and the next day was going to be a lot of traveling, decided to just relax at the hotel.

This time I requested a top floor north-facing room, which gave me a nice view of the hills and a bonus view of someone power paragliding!

The staff was pleasant, the laundry facilities fine and the hotel computers came in very handy. My room was very comfortable and clean, and the price was reasonable.

Definitely recommend.

Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank cjs123

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Healy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2012

We live out of town so we opt to stay and not just to have a place to sleep but to celebrate and relax on our anniversary. Everything was great! Especially the indoor pool..The Hot tub was really HOT! And my hubby enjoyed their spacious gym. We didn't get to experience their complimentary breakfast because we are an owl couple being that my hubby works during the night..their bed and TV are superb!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

1 Thank Trizzavis O
Wollongong, NSW, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012

This hotel is well placed on a major highway not for from central Fairbanks. The property is well maintained, employs friendly and knowledgeable staff, and has all the little extras that you need when youa re far from home. Features a pool, guest laundry (very reasonable rates) and gymnasium (who needs that?) and comfortable beds. Rooms very inviting, no scuff marks, desk etc look close to new. Easy, fast and free internet, including in romo wifi - a real necessity these days. Good water pressure in the shower. Breakfast a little on the average side but still quite acceptable. Front desk very obliging, would use them again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Rooms facing south (away from Johansen Expressway) probably quiter and views over treeline probably...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank dutyfree
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

Ample room, great service, very nice gym and swimming pool. Breakfast has everything you need and it is quiet and clean.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Luis E
Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

Outstanding full breakfast service, great pool and hot tub, perfect location for shopping and dining, and their staff is friendly and professional. Love the daily cookies!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank karichelAlaska
Whitesboro, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2012

One of the nicest and spacious room you could find in Faibanks. But the quality is paper thin, our room was a king suite on the 2nd floor. You could hear ever step of movement above and beside you. I ask to be moved to a hire floor, but it was not available. I would not consider staying at this location if other options are available. Try the springhill suites, smaller rooms but very quite and close to resturants.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Bradyf5
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2012

I am from Nebraska and actually work for a Starwood property so there really had no reason for picking this hotel for my stay in Fairbanks other than I am a HHonors member and chose this off the website. What a great place to stay. Plenty of outlets to plug into(if you are not sure what I am talking about you're in for a treat) and parking was plentiful.

When I got to the front desk to check in they had everything ready to go, quick glance at ID and verification of the credit card and i was off with my pre keyed key packet. The woman who checked me in was actually the 7am-3pm because shortly after I checked in, she was got and a new person was there. They both were pleasant though.

I had booked my room for one night and came down for breakfast the next morning before check out. Breakfast was one of the best breakfasts at a hotel I've seen since the Embassy Suites breakfast. Was not expecting as much as they had, so that was great.

I checked out and headed off to catch my flight back to Anchorage. My flight though was delayed so I went back to the hotel to wait out the delay. I tried to get my room back for another hour or two but they said I was unable to do so. Not sure why, but I just made another reservation. Sounds silly right? Pay 130 dollars for 2 hours in your previous room(still dirty with my stuff) just to leave again. I didn't mind though to be honest, I'm pretty easy going and with the way my stay had been so far with all the employees, I was happy to pay again.

Checked out a few hours later and again I was on my way.

If I ever find myself in Fairbanks again, which I think will be this summer. I will be sure to stay here and recommend everyone else too.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo