“great food”

Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed January 18, 2012

my daughter and I are regulars, she loves the spam noodles and I love the short ribs. Great value for you money.

Reviewed January 4, 2012

i love kalua pork, and they don't disappoint. their seaweed soup is bomb also

1  Thank akgrunt
Reviewed December 19, 2011

Not excellent, good value for lunch. It's the only restaurant of it's kind in fairbanks that I'm aware of. I will continue to visit in the future.

Reviewed August 19, 2011

My 'average' rating may be a bit harsh, but it IS having to compete with New Orleans places in my rating system.
Menu is unusual, to say the least. But what we had was quite tasty, and great if you've had your fill of hamburgers, halibut and salmon. Wish I could have had a beer with dinner, but it's a family place and they don't serve it, and that's fine (the iced tea was good.)
Portions are more than ample and prices are pretty reasonable.
Service was casual, but very friendly and helpful.
No 'atmosphere' to speak of, but clean and not noisy, with a most diverse clientele.
I'd go back, though not likely to have the chance any time soon.

Reviewed June 13, 2011

This is, hands down, our favorite place to eat in all of the Fairbanks/Northpole/Fox area. The owner is a sweet older Korean lady. It's a hawaiian BBQ joint. She herself is from Korea, but met her husband while living in Hawaii, giving the menu a wide array of different types of dishes.

The atmosphere is pretty plain. It's a small place with a few tables and a few booths, but it's usually pretty calm. It's very welcoming and easy going. No need for ties or heels, sandals and tee's are more than fitting.

The service is great. The owner is very nice and even came out to explain to my boyfriend how to properly eat the pork and fish stuffed banana leaf dish. In the school season, her son works as the host/waiter and has always been a nice kid. They always have a lot of friendly smiles to go around. The most awesome thing about this place is I've never had to wait for a refill on my soda. They keep a good eye on that.

The portions are actually very impressive, especially for the prices. Things up here in Fairbanks tend to be more expensive than the lower 48, and usually we end up paying too much for small dishes. I have a very good appetite and I always have left overs.

The food is wonderfull. We've actually tried every single entree (minus the burgers/sandwiches) and they are all amazingly delicious. I have to note that, while it's called BBQ, nothing is actually cooked on a BBQ grill. It's all fried on a flat grill in the back. This seemed to upset a few reviewers.
They give you a complimentary cup of the best-in-Fairbanks miso soup almost immediately after you're seated. Most of the entrees come with a pre-dinner tray of a very mild, americanized kimchee and a scoop of macaronni salad.
They have a large variety of dishes including chicken/pork/beef bbq, burgers, sandwiches, fried rice and veggies, noodles, various fried goodies, kimchee and even a sushi roll. Something to fit all palates. The macarroni salad and kimchee are my favorite part of going, and I've woken up many mornings craving that stuff. I love food that has that effect.

Like I said, this place has drawn us back time and time again. Amazing food, great service and very fair prices for a Fairbanks Ma and Pa restaurant. My boyfriend and I go out of our way to take friends here and we reccomend this to any and all looking for an all around good experience.

1  Thank Revoltnepres