“Fine Thai food in central Alaska!”

Pad Thai Restaurant
Ranked #55 of 249 Restaurants in Fairbanks
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Went twice in two days, loved it. Inexpensive by Alaska standards. Good staff, good food and plenty of it! Local Thais eat there!

Reviewed August 14, 2012

The food is always good, if not outstanding. However, it is consistent, and the prices are extremely fair. On my last trip, I had the best Pad Thai in my life, and I've eaten it countless times across the country. The Panang curry is excellent.

It's not fine dining, but it is good food at a good price

Reviewed August 11, 2012

We had just driven up from Oregon, and were staying with a friend who has lived in Fairbanks for about 15 years. She said this was a really good place to eat ... and she was right!

The outside looks a bit, well, "Alaskan". It's all wood and rather "rustic looking". I did wonder what it was originally because I doubt it started out life as a Thai restaurant! Anyway, the interior is very pleasant. It's not real large, but the tables are spaced well enough apart that we didn't feel crowded.

It was fairly late at night so they weren't busy and the polite young man gave us excellent service. We shared a chicken satay appetizer which was very good.

I'm afraid that I don't remember what I had and apparently neglected to write it down in my travel notes :-(
However, I do remember it was very tasty! I'm not much into spicy food so I requested mild and it was just perfect - enough spice to be flavourful without making my eyes water.

Our group also had a curry which we shared, and it too was very good.

Prices were a bit on the high side but not outrageous and I noticed the lunch menu had pretty reasonable prices. Food portion was moderate to large, in my opinion. There was plenty of food for us (and we aren't particularly light eaters!) , but not quite enough to bring leftovers home for the next day's lunch.

All in all it was a nice dining experience and if I'm ever in Fairbanks again I will eat here again!

1  Thank half-Brit
Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

In the restaurant desert that is Fairbanks, it is remarkable that there are so many Thai restaurants and some are good We tend to go here most often, because the location is convenient for lunch, but Lemon Grass and Thai House are also good. Consistently good food, reasonable lunch prices and friendly people make us regulars. I go back for the Pad KeeMow and the curries (favorite is Panang beef) but I have also enjoyed the Pad Thai, Tom Yum soup and of course, the fresh or fried rolls.

Interior is slowly improving -- you used to have to put your long johns on before going in during the winter months, but some new heaters have helped a lot. But this is Fairbanks, not Paris, and the atmosphere is Alaska basic with some Thai ornaments.

Reviewed February 11, 2012

Been here many times. They do have some very good Pad Thai and many other delicious food dishes. Again one of my favorite Thai Resturants. Try it out, you will be happy you did.