The Wedgewood is really a pretty nice place. I've stayed there on business and a few times with my husband for leisure. I only wish our little cabin further north were so spacious. Wedgewood has a lot going for it: great desk staff, friendly housekeepers, large, clean rooms, comfortable beds, fully equipped corridor kitchen. I can only recommend that to make your stay as pleasant as possible, ask for a room on the first floor in one of their complex of buildings. This hotel/motel has reasonable prices because it is the furthest distance from shopping and restaurants. If you have a car or don't mind bus or taxi service, you can save some money here. The on location restaurant offers a nice, varied menu.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on 105 acres, Wedgewood Resort is an ideal location to experience the natural beauty of Fairbanks. Surrounded by a 75 acre wildlife sanctuary and a 2,200 acre waterfowl refuge, makes Wedgewood the best destination for travelers wanting a quiet getaway while they explore Fairbanks. Seemingly miles from anything, yet just minutes to shopping and attractions. Wedgewood is minutes from downtown and an easy walk to the Fountainhead Antique Auto Museum located on the resort property. Spread out in an expansive residential-style one or two bedroom suite with fully-equipped kitchen or relax in a spacious guest room at Bear Lodge. Either way, you will enjoy the onsite restaurant, bar and Internet Café offering complimentary computers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelClick, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Wedgewood Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wedgewood Resort Fairbanks, Alaska
- Wedgewood Hotel Fairbanks