During the winter, the hotel portion of the "resort" is not open. I am unsure how this place is classified as a resort. I would call it an apartment complex with an adjacent hotel.
They put you up in apartments adjacent to the "visitor center". Clean efficiency style apartments/rooms, but dated. No elevator to multistory buildings. No fitness/workout room. Okay place, but not a great value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on 105 acres, an ideal place to experience the natural beauty Fairbanks has to offer. Surrounded by a 75 acre wildlife sanctuary and a 2,000 acre migratory waterfowl refuge, Wedgewood Resort is the perfect destination for travelers wanting a quiet getaway, but the convenience of being minutes from shopping, attractions and cultural events. The resort is the perfect base to explore Fairbanks. The spacious residential-style one & two bedroom suites are thoughtfully appointed featuring a fully-equipped kitchen and separate living and dining room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TravelClick, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Wedgewood Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wedgewood Resort Fairbanks, Alaska
- Wedgewood Hotel Fairbanks