We started out staying the Bear Lodge as part of our Princess Cruise package. The grounds are very nicely taken care of and the lodge itself was very well kept. Our room was oversized for your normal hotel and the bathroom was very clean and had an ample supple of hot water, even in the morning when everyone was getting ready. We arrived a day early for our tour to allow ourselves time to adjust and recooperate from a full day of air travel. We took the shuttle into town and walked around Fairbanks. We also got off at the Pioneer Day festival in town, this was mentioned by our shuttle driver, it was a fun time. Since there is nothing around the lodge in the way of restuarants, we ate in the bar area, and had really good food. Our bartender, Vespa, was fun to talk with and she worked hard taking care of the full bar.
The hotel does have a laundry so we took advantage of it and did our laundry before we left which was a good help.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on 105 acres, an ideal place to experience the natural beauty Fairbanks has to offer. Surrounded by a 75 acre wildlife sanctuary and a 2,000 acre migratory waterfowl refuge, Wedgewood Resort is the perfect destination for travelers wanting a quiet getaway, but the convenience of being minutes from shopping, attractions and cultural events. The resort is the perfect base to explore Fairbanks. The spacious residential-style one & two bedroom suites are thoughtfully appointed featuring a fully-equipped kitchen and separate living and dining room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TravelClick, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Wedgewood Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wedgewood Resort Fairbanks, Alaska
- Wedgewood Hotel Fairbanks