My husband and I stayed at the Bear Lodge as part of a cruisetour package through Princess Cruises. This hotel was hard to research prior to going on the trip because Princess only refers to it as "Bear Lodge" but it is officially listed as part of the Wedgewood resort.
We arrived around 5pm and left the next morning at 3am, so our time at this hotel was very limited.
Our room was huge! It could have been two rooms, it was so big. We had two queen beds, several sitting chairs, a small baloney, desk. For the size of the room, my complaint would be that the TV was too small, because of its distance from the beds. The bathroom area was also large. There were essentially two rooms to the bathroom. There was a room with locking door with the tub/shower, toilet, and sink. And then, another large counter and sink outside of that room. There was a coffee maker and hair dryer (one of the weakest hair dryers that you'll ever encounter).
This hotel is a little dated, but I think they are working on updating it, as our room smelled like new carpet. There are no key cards...just actual keys for the rooms.
This hotel is not centrally located. There is some sort of shuttle/bus that will take people from the hotel to the downtown area, but we did not use this service. There is an expensive restaurant and bar on the first floor of the Bear Lodge (There are no other restaurants within walking distance.) The property is large with multiple buildings. There talks given by naturalists several times a week at this hotel, a classic car museum, and nature trails. If you were staying here for more than a few hours, I think these things would be worth investigating.
For Princess, we had to have our bags out by 2:30am, get on the bus at 3am (which waited around until 3:30am for the late people) and got to the airport by 4am for our 6am flight home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on 105 acres, an ideal place to experience the natural beauty Fairbanks has to offer. Surrounded by a 75 acre wildlife sanctuary and a 2,000 acre migratory waterfowl refuge, Wedgewood Resort is the perfect destination for travelers wanting a quiet getaway, but the convenience of being minutes from shopping, attractions and cultural events. The resort is the perfect base to explore Fairbanks. The spacious residential-style one & two bedroom suites are thoughtfully appointed featuring a fully-equipped kitchen and separate living and dining room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelClick, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Wedgewood Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wedgewood Resort Fairbanks, Alaska
- Wedgewood Hotel Fairbanks