Review Highlights
Great hike, great hostess!

We did a Husky Hike with Lisbet. I really loved that it was a private hike with just our family... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Shelly C
New Brighton, Minnesota
Authentic Alaska Husky Experience

It’s difficult to find the words on how meaningful this Husky Hike was for our group of four. We... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
OnAir48658450867
Loveland, Ohio

Recommended experiences in and around Fairbanks
from $99.00
from $230.00
from $169.00
from $120.00
More Info
All reviews white mountains authentic experience packing list day trip bucket list northern lights once in a lifetime huskies mush hike gloves gear scenery harness stories bear alaska
Selected filters
Reviewed April 20, 2022

Only take a trip with Arctic Dog Adventure if you want to end your vacation thinking, “OMG, that was the most badass thing I’ve ever done.” Seriously, everything about this trip was excellent- from the booking process to the actual mushing and camping experience- and that is a direct result of the incredible attention to detail, the professionalism, and the competence shown by Lisbet and her guides. I booked the Denali Dream trip, but due to aggressive moose behavior in the area our trip had to be changed at the last minute to a trip into the White Mountains over more technical trails, and required more camping, which was actually more appealing to me and the rest of the group as well. All five members of our group were traveling solo, and none of us had any mushing experience. We spent most of our first day learning to handle the dogs and to maneuver the sleds, and adjusting to Alaskan life off the grid. The next day we packed our sleds and we were off. Handling and driving the dogs was exhausting, frustrating, sometimes scary, and definitely exciting. But, it was also beautiful, and blissful, and I had moments on the trail when I found myself thinking that if there’s a heaven, it might be pretty close to what I was experiencing right then. For me, this trip was a bucket list item, and it was everything and more that I had hoped it would be. It will set a high bar for all future adventures. I can’t recommend Arctic Dog Adventure Co highly enough.

Date of experience: April 2022
Reviewed November 7, 2021

My wife and I did the Husky Hike with Lisbet. It was a lot of fun. She was a very friendly and knowledgable. We got to select the dog we wanted to hike with and then we went on our hike. About half way through we stopped and she gave us hot tea and a homemade muffin. The views were awesome too. The whole experience was incredible.

Date of experience: September 2021
1  Thank W265OTcodyc
Reviewed August 2, 2021 via mobile

This was an AMAZING activity! I’m not in shape, so I was huffing and puffing, but it was beautiful! Definitely book this experience if you have even the slightest love for dogs. I got Yksi, and she was pretty mellow, which is good for my pace. Lisbet is a wealth of information about the area and the history of sled dogs, and she’s genuinely interested in her guests’ hometowns, so it was wonderful to have conversation with her. She gave us homemade rhubarb muffins at the top of the ridge and they were to die for! Overall a wonderful value.

Date of experience: August 2021
Reviewed March 2, 2021

This trip was unforgettable! Lisbet is the owner and we were lucky to have her as a guide on our trip. She's SO friendly, knowledgable, sweet, easy to talk to and patient with all the questions we had and explaining us how to care for the dogs. The scenery and landscape was absolutely breathtaking- going through a winter wonderland. The stars are her dogs! They are athletes and I'm still in awe how they run for hours uphill, breaking trail through fresh powder and sleeping in -30F outside. They are SO sweet, obviously well trained and absolute joy to watch what they love to do. Truly Lisbet made all the difference on this trip with her positive and kind personality. Can't wait to come back for more :-)

Date of experience: February 2021
Reviewed December 1, 2020

I brought my dad on this tour as an early Christmas gift and we both had an absolutely amazing experience. I couldn't recommend Lisbet enough as a guide and as a host. She loves what she does, and that carries through into every aspect of the tour.

From the moment we arrived she was professional and friendly, and she took Covid-19 precautions that made me feel safe and comfortable. (During the Fairbanks winter wearing a mask not only keeps you safe, it keeps you warm!) I think we were both a little uncertain at the idea of driving our own sled dog team, since we had zero previous experience, but Lisbet is the type of expert that is so confident in what she does that it makes you feel like you can do it too. We were able to get to know the dogs (they're so sweet) and help get the sleds set before we went out. Lisbet explained everything and patiently answered all of our questions. As soon as we got going, we both realized there was nothing to worry about- the dogs are very good at what they do, and it is such a special feeling to be part of something they love so much. The tour was the perfect amount of time and was full of beautiful views. (I recommend giving yourself some extra time as you drive to your tour, as the views along the road are beautiful and worth pulling over to gape at.) Lisbet took the time to explain the landscape we were mushing over, pointing out tracks in the snow and peaks in the distance. When we returned, she took extra time to answer more questions about the dogs and the surrounding area.

This is an absolute "must-do" experience if you are visiting Fairbanks, or like me you live here and have someone visit you. The tour was personal and informative, the views were stunning, the dogs were smart, sweet, and well trained, and Lisbet's knowledge and personality really wrapped everything up and made this experience the whole package. It is an "authentic Alaskan experience" because Lisbet is the real deal- an Alaska who loves the land and loves her dogs, and loves to share these things with others.

Date of experience: November 2020